What do we offer?
- To be courageous
- To live wholeheartedly
- To keep growing
What do you bring?
- Passion for your expertise
- True tech-savvy
- The ability to connect
Go straight to:
How you can make a difference
Your new job and office
FoodTech is hot! If you’re looking for a career in architecture, greenfield engineering with impact and scale, but you don’t want to move away from coding as your core activity, keep reading! Albert Heijn is looking for a Junior/Medior Cloud DevOps Engineer skilled in Kubernetes and Containers Technology.
This is how you will reinvent food retail
Your work will support the teams in achieving great outcomes. Specifically, you will:
- Work with developers to ensure seamless integration of applications with Kubernetes-based platforms and to maximize performance, extensibility, and dependability.
- Implement Infrastructure as Code (IaC) practices using tools such as Terraform for automating cloud infrastructure provisioning.
- Stay updated on industry trends and best practices related to Kubernetes, containers, and DevOps.
As a Cloud Engineer you build products and platforms for our engineers. You contribute directly to creating an ultramodern, self-service ecosystem of products and automation. This is a mission you won’t take on solo but as a full-fledged member of the team. Following Inner-Sourcing principles, you will work with users and maintainers throughout the whole organization to fit your ideas into the bigger picture: Accelerate our product teams so that they can deliver quality customer value quickly and autonomously.
Is this you?
To become successful as our new Cloud Engineer you bring:
- A Technology/IT Engineering master's or bachelor's degree
- 2+ years experience as DevOps Engineer
- Hands-on experience in designing, deploying, and managing Kubernetes clusters in production environments.
- Solid understanding of Infrastructure as Code (IaC) principles
- Experience with containerization technologies, especially Docker, and container orchestration with Kubernetes.
- Experience of public cloud platforms such Azure, AWS, or GCP.
- Excellent problem-solving, troubleshooting, and communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a cross-functional team environment.
- Strong communicator in English
- Experience working remotely
This is what we can offer
- An annual salary of up to €75K (including holiday allowance & bonus), depending on your seniority based on a full-time workweek.
- 45 days of paid leave to enjoy your well-deserved holidays: 25,5 regular vacation days and 19,5 ADV days. Enjoy!
- Flexible working hours;
- Access to a challenging training curriculum – AH Tech Academy;
- An excellent pension plan where we as an employer contribute 4,5 more than you as an employee;
- A travel allowance or an NS business card for traveling to and from Zaandam by train;
- Attractive discounts on various insurance policies;
- 10% staff discount on groceries in all Albert Heijn stores, to a maximum of €300 per year;
- A company laptop and telephone.
Your new office and collegues
Albert Heijn, part of Ahold Delhaize, is the number one omnichannel food retailer in the Netherlands. We’ve been inspiring customers and building trust for more than 130 years. We like to say, we’re always there for you, and with more than 1200 stores in the Netherlands and Belgium and 24/7 shopping on ah.nl, it is truer than ever! But now we want to take our business to the next level. By making better food accessible to everyone, and by making shopping fit the way people live today.
By joining our team, you become part of AH Technology, where you can make your mark on the daily lives of millions of people. AH Technology is a department-transcending community consisting of the departments Data, Digital and Tech within Albert Heijn. Our smart professionals create digital solutions that make (online) shopping simpler and more inspiring. We’re continually rethinking the way people shop, pay and even enjoy food. That’s why we’re investing heavily in data, digital and tech, to further transform Albert Heijn into a leading Food & Tech company.
Curious about your colleagues? At AH Technology you work with the best experts in the field in an open environment, where expertise is valued, where we learn from each other and have the freedom to innovate. You will work in theteam with several other colleagues, which works within the store and supply chain platform.
Do you want to play an active role in changing the food retail landscape as we know it? Then hop on board and join us on our expedition.
matters to us?
"I realized how much impact you can truly have as an individual, working for such a huge international company.”
“The support this company has always offered means the world to me."
“I feel the freedom to show initiative, propose changes and try new things. Having that freedom gave me wings to fly.”