What do we offer?
- To be courageous
- To live wholeheartedly
- To keep growing
What do you bring?
- An eye for detail
- True tech-savvy
- A drive to innovate
Go straight to:
How you can make a difference
Are you ready to be a part of something transformative? Join the AH Stores team as a QA Engineer and embark on a journey to reshape our traditional tech infrastructure into a modern, cutting-edge technology landscape that touches the lives of millions of customers daily!
As a QA Engineer, you'll play a pivotal role in our ongoing transformation initiative. For it is our goal to create a future-proof platform for implementing cutting-edge technologies in the near future. If you have a fervor for working with leading tech stacks like Kotlin, Java, Kafka, advocating for change, influencing our future direction, and much more, then this is the ideal place for you!
This is how you will reinvent food retail.
- Collaborate with the transformation team to migrate PLSQL applications to the Oracle Cloud.
- Create logging, monitoring, automation, integrations, and deployment frameworks using cutting-edge technologies like Kafka, Azure services, GIT, Kubernetes, Kotlin, and more.
- Work closely with the product team, participating in agile ceremonies, story refinement, code changes, deployments, and production support activities.
- Contribute to rebuilding our traditional tech landscape (Oracle PLSQL) into a modern foundation with Microservices Architecture, Kotlin, Cloud Azure, Kafka integration, MongoDB, and more.
- Strive to understand the flow of our core business processes within AH Stores, translating functional requirements into technical solutions. Your ability to communicate your ideas effectively to both technical and non-technical stakeholders will be invaluable.
Our AH Store team not only fulfills an essential role in supporting the day-to-day operations of over 1000 AH stores, but also we are pioneering a transformation of our Stores' environment and infrastructure. But our vision extends beyond just the technology stack. We are reshaping the way we operate, moving towards a DevSecOps approach within our team and organization. As a member of our team, you will be at the forefront of driving change across the entire Store cluster. Our team is a diverse and inclusive group of over 15 individuals, bound together by a shared 'can-do' attitude, a problem-solving approach, by means of Agile methodology. We possess the ability to swiftly validate assumptions without getting bogged down in protracted discussions. Above all, we hold high regard for every team member, respecting their unique perspectives and expertise.
Together with your team you will work on inspiring projects to accelerate our transition into a hybrid Food & Tech company. We want to leverage data and technology to future-proof food shopping and give our customers accessibility to healthy food more easily available for everyone. At Albert Heijn, you team up with inspiring peers in the data, digital and tech domains. A community of diverse individuals who share a common goal; to create digital solutions that make (online) shopping simpler and more inspiring. Are you ready to reinvent the way millions of people buy and enjoy their food? We invest heavily in data, digital and tech. And that includes investing in your career! Our teams work in a hybrid way: both from home as well as in the office. We are located right next to the train station Zaandam.
We think it’s important to be part of an high-belonging team; a team where you can be yourself and feel safe, accepted and appreciated. For this job we are preferably looking for someone who brings diversity in our team, in the widest possible sense. Someone who is a great addition to our team by bringing other ideas to the table. So don’t check all the boxes? Don’t worry, we probably don’t either 😉. Don’t hesitate to apply if you think you are up for the challenge, we’re happy to have a look at your resume!
What we offer.
At Albert Heijn we aim to grow, and this is only possible if you grow along with us. As we work together to build our brand and your career, you can count on (based on 40 hours per week):
- An annual salary up to 75K including holiday allowance and a flexible bonus. Depending on your experience;
- 45 days of paid leave to enjoy your well-deserved holidays: 25,5 regular vacation days and 19,5 ADV days. Enjoy!
- Flexible working hours;
- Access to a challenging training curriculum – AH Tech Academy;
- An excellent pension plan where we as an employer contribute 4,5 more than you as an employee;
- A travel allowance or a NS-business card for traveling to and from Zaandam by train;
- Attractive discounts on various insurance policies;
- 10% staff discount on groceries in all Albert Heijn stores, to a maximum of €300 per year;
- A free Mijn Albert Heijn Premium membership with many benefits;
- A company laptop and telephone.
The recipe for maximum impact:
- 5+ years of work experience in Testing, QA or Software Engineering;
- Experience in complex projects running with big (relational) databases and/or backend systems (preferably Oracle);
- Knowledge of test automation and tools (e.g. Robot Framework, Cucumber, Fitnesse, Selenium);
- Experience in Context Driven Testing / Behaviour Driven Testing;
- Knowledge of code repo/review tools (Github, Bitbucket, Jira, Confluence);
- Knowledge of Oracle PL/SQL and/or Java/Kotlin;
- Working in an agile software development environment;
- Keen problem-solving mindset to meet the needs of our customers;
- You enjoy teamwork and making things happen;
- You’re tech savvy, pro-active and have a big passion for tech;
- Are already located in The Netherlands.
We’re Albert Heijn, food retail reinventors. 🚀
Albert Heijn goes way back. More than 135 years, to be exact. So for millions of people, food shopping is synonymous with the Albert Heijn brand. We didn’t achieve this with a complacent, ‘hey, if it works today, it’ll work tomorrow’ approach, but by continually rethinking our propositions and staying plugged in to customer demands. More than 125,000 colleagues? Check. Over 1,250 stores in the Netherlands and Flanders? Check. The leading online food retail platform? Check, we build, run and love it.
Together we make eating better the easy choice. For everyone.
The world around us has changed, and significantly at that. These changes have impact on the lives of our customers, colleagues and partners. And therefore, also on Albert Heijn. We’re moving towards a new world with new opportunities and challenges. Albert Heijn wants more people to eat fresher, healthier and more sustainable food. Eating brings us together, keeps us healthier and contributes positively to the world. Our mission is: Together we make eating better the easy choice. For everyone.
Ready to contribute to our mission?
Do you want to play an active role in changing the food retail landscape as we know it? Then hop on board and join us on our expedition. Would you like to learn more first, before you apply to Albert Heijn? We’re happy to tell you everything about this vacancy! An assessment might be part of our selection process.
matters to us?
"I realized how much impact you can truly have as an individual, working for such a huge international company.”
“The support this company has always offered means the world to me."
“I feel the freedom to show initiative, propose changes and try new things. Having that freedom gave me wings to fly.”