What do we offer?
- To be courageous
- To live wholeheartedly
- To keep growing
What do you bring?
- An eye for detail
- True tech-savvy
- Passion for data
Go straight to:
How you can make a difference
Are you looking to make impact in a global company by providing assurance and tailor-made recommendations for improvement over the latest digital, data and technology related projects? Come work for our international Auditing team as a Senior IT Auditor.
Hi, we are Ahold Delhaize, a global family of caring brands
Helping people eat well, save time, and live better. That is what Ahold Delhaize (55m weekly customers, 413k colleagues) stands for. As one of the world’s largest and most forward-thinking food retail groups, our global family of local brands creates inspiring shopping experiences. Whether people shop at brick-and-mortars, prefer quick pick-ups, or opt for the convenience of ordering online, Ahold Delhaize delivers.
We are growing our business quickly but responsibly. We advocate and accelerate sustainable retailing, responsible sourcing, supporting local communities, and helping customers make healthier choices in a world in transition. That requires the courage and wholeheartedness to have convictions and stand up for what we believe in. It also takes a growth-hacking mindset: tomorrow’s opportunities call for tomorrow’s skills. But most of all, it requires us to be there for the people and communities we serve. #daretocare
To support Ahold Delhaize in their journey, Internal audit is currently developing a team with digital knowledge and capabilities and we are implementing a more data driven and technology enabled audit life cycle. We are looking for a Senior IT auditor who can support us in this digital transformation.
Dive wholeheartedly into these key responsibilities
- Analyzing and assessing risk management within different business units;
- You will investigate if the operational processes support the strategic objectives;
- Provide assurance and tailor-made recommendations for improvements over digital, data and technology related initiatives and projects at Ahold Delhaize to further improve our customer journey and proposition;
- Help implement a more data driven and technology enabled audit life cycle;
- Act as a trusted advisor for your stakeholders, while remaining objective in your assessment of the control framework.
In your role as Senior IT Auditor you will have a unique opportunity to see and understand many different areas of our company. You will be part of a multidisciplinary team with different backgrounds (audit and non-audit) and have the opportunity to not only perform IT audits, but also perform operational audits. Together with the team you are responsible for analyzing and assessing risk management within a business unit. Subsequently, you share the observations with management in order to define next steps together. Every audit is unique, as you will work on different topics within different European brands and changing audit teams. As an auditor you perform 7 engagements per year.
Unlike many other companies, Internal Audit at Ahold Delhaize is future-oriented and has a strong focus on strategy. Within several business processes (such as marketing, commerce, logistics, real estate, supply chain, IT) you will investigate if the operational processes support the strategic objectives. Also you will provide assurance over digital, data and technology related initiatives and projects at Ahold Delhaize to further improve our customer journey and proposition. You audit from a business perspective and act as a trusted advisor for your stakeholders, while remaining objective in your assessment of the control framework. Based on your observations, you provide tailor-made recommendations for improvement.
We welcome caring colleagues who
• Combine a masters’ degree with any complementary certifications (e.g. RE and/or CISA);
• Bring 4+ years of working experience as an Auditor. Experience at a Big Four company is a plus, but not required. It helps if you understand a large and complex organizational structure;
• Have experience in or a clear passion for retail is an asset;
• Have a strong affinity with IT and data driven audits;
• Are fluent in English (and preferably one of the following: French, Dutch, Greek, Serbian, Czech or Romanian) and the willingness to travel, including international travel (up to 20-30% of the time);
• Are strong analytical, curious and have good communication skills;
• Are as caring, courageous and growth-minded as your colleagues, and are happy to embrace and advocate the #daretocare philosophy.
At Ahold Delhaize and our local brands we define diversity broadly, seeing it as inclusive of thoughts and skills, generational differences, LGBTQ+, gender, race and ethnicity, disabilities, nationalities and more, and we accept all people for who they are.
This is how you keep growing
Ahold Delhaize is growing enthusiastically, but sustainably. If we can grow while having a more positive impact on people or our planet, we’re going for it. We encourage all of our 413,000 colleagues to share this attitude on a personal level, so opportunities to master new skills and expand your capabilities are a given. And because we’re a global family of brands, finding your next challenge comes (almost) as naturally as calling an actual relative. We #daretocare for our people at all levels. What that translates to in this role?
- A competitive salary, attractive bonuses, plus a first-rate pension plan with a personal contribution of just 4.7%;
- The development and career prospects you associate with a global player: best-in-class coaching, well-constructed growth paths and international, cross-brand career options;
- 20 vacation days, supplemented by a personal budget: take an additional 12.5 days off, opt for discounts, or simply take the cash;
- Flexible working hours: We foster a vibrant culture by balancing in-person connections and cross-functional collaboration. Therefore, we ask you to ensure you spend at least 50% of your working time each month at the office;
- A laptop and a smartphone;
- NS business card and discounts on health insurance and groceries;
- The chance to drive meaningful change – healthy, affordable, sustainably produced food matters – on a truly global scale;
- Membership in a diverse community that wholeheartedly embraces courage, inspires growth, and dares to care.
Dare to care and grow with us?
We look forward to teaming up! Virtually and at your home away from home: our vibrant HQ. Want to know more before you hit the Apply button? Alexandra Smelt, Talent Acquisition Partner, will gladly talk you through the position via email@example.com.
matters to us?
"I realized how much impact you can truly have as an individual, working for such a huge international company.”
“The support this company has always offered means the world to me."
“I feel the freedom to show initiative, propose changes and try new things. Having that freedom gave me wings to fly.”