What do we offer?
- To be courageous
- To live wholeheartedly
- To keep growing
What do you bring?
- Een echte teamspeler
- Een aanpakkersmentaliteit
- Een leergierige houding
Why Ahold Delhaize
- Huge Impact
- Work with fun and smart colleagues
- (Inter)national growth opportunities
Go straight to:
How you can make a difference
Would you like to learn more about corporate communications at one of the leading (food) retail companies in the world? Come join our global Communications team at Ahold Delhaize as an intern and we’ll show you the ropes!
Your new job and workplace.
As an intern you make a direct contribution to a number of activities that are linked to channel management and brand management. Mainly posting news articles, maintenance of our channels (intranet and corporate website) and coordinating campaigns. You do not do this alone, but together with your colleagues from the team. You support your colleagues with different responsibilities, where you work on:
- Publishing content on our internal channels, including publishing our newsletter featuring best practices from our 19 great local brands in Europe and the United States
- Support in project management of global campaigns and events
- Channel management support: tracking external and internal data to optimize our channel performance
- Creating, editing and updating PowerPoint presentations
- Keeping our Intern Onboarding documents up to date
- Supporting with the creation of articles and other content
- If you're creative, we'd love to pick your brain for design or formats
What you will be working on: when you join our team of 12 professionals you will have the opportunity to learn more about internal and external communications. As an intern, you’ll be able to experience all aspects of communication: channel management, brand management, reputation management, media relations, financial communications and corporate reporting.
In this position you work 32-40 hours per week, partly our head office in Zaandam and partly from home.
We think it is important that you at Ahold Delhaize can be yourself in an environment that is open to different perspectives, an environment in which we are curious and appreciate each other. For this position we are preferably looking for someone who will strengthen the diversity in our team, in the broadest sense of the word. Someone who brings a different sound based on their own background and personal qualities and is therefore a good addition to our team
This is what we offer you.
- An interesting and versatile internship at the Ahold Delhaize headquarters for 5/6 months.
- An internship with a lot of responsibility, where you really gain work experience.
- An internship allowance (€400 - €500 per month) plus travel expenses.
- Pleasant drinks and (networking) events with all interns at our head office.
- An inclusive environment in which you can continue to develop personally and professionally.
You bring this with you.
With our 414,000 colleagues worldwide, we work every day to help people eat well, save time and live better. And if it were up to us, we will soon do this together with you as our new Intern. Especially if you bring your enthusiasm and energy to Ahold Delhaize. Also:
- You are an (International) student in (Corporate) Communications, Journalism, International Business or related field (BA level and above)
- You are in the last years of your studies and looking to gain work experience in a multinational environment
- Solid English writing skills and an affinity with communications
- An upbeat and go getter personality
- (Near) native comprehension of English, speaking Dutch not required
In addition, you:
- Are a teamplayer
- Have the ability to connect
- Are pro-active
- Have a can-do mentality
- Are happy to learn!
Eat well. Save time. Live better.
Helping people eat well, save time and live better. That is what Ahold Delhaize (55 million weekly customers, 414 thousand colleagues) stands for. As one of the world's largest and most progressive food retail groups, our global family of local brands creates inspiring shopping experiences. Whether people shop in a physical store, prefer quick pick-ups or opt for the convenience of ordering online, Ahold Delhaize delivers.
Are you ready to realize this mission together?
Click on the application button to apply. This is also possible if you do not have all the items on our shopping list at home. Would you rather know more first? Contact us!
matters to us?
"I realized how much impact you can truly have as an individual, working for such a huge international company.”
“The support this company has always offered means the world to me."
“I feel the freedom to show initiative, propose changes and try new things. Having that freedom gave me wings to fly.”