What do we offer?
- To be courageous
- To live wholeheartedly
- To keep growing
What do you bring?
- An eye for detail
- Passion for your expertise
- High focus on quality
Why Ahold Delhaize
- Huge Impact
- Work with fun and smart colleagues
- (Inter)national growth opportunities
Go straight to:
How you can make a difference
As IT Risk and Control Manager you are responsible for managing the IT assurance program within our Global Support Office (GSO). You will primary focus on assurance over the SAP S/4 HANA and SuccessFactors systems. Ahold Delhaize is one of world’s largest food retail groups and a leader in both supermarkets and e-commerce. Our family of great local brands serves over fifty million customers each week in Europe, the United States and Indonesia. Our brands are at the forefront of sustainable retailing, sourcing responsibly, supporting local communities and helping customers make healthier choices.
Running a sustainable business, where risks are managed in a responsible way, requires insight in relevant financial reporting, operational, compliance and strategic risks. As part of the Company’s 2nd line of defense, the Risk and Controls (R&C) function supports global and local senior management in the delivery of their responsible risk management and compliance responsibilities.
In specific, the IT R&C department is responsible for:
• Providing guidance, establish an Internal Control Framework over ITGCs and system controls, and provides assurance on controls designed to mitigate identified risks;
• Advising and supporting IT /IS business in designing controls and remediating issues;
• Executing a risk-based approach for key control monitoring;
• Regular reporting of results to the R&C Senior Management
Additionally, and as part of this global team, the manager will work closely with the Regional IT RC teams for the definition of guidelines, support in assurance activities at GSO and other brands as required, and the delivery of the global IT R&C agenda.
This position is based in Zaandam, the Netherlands and is part of the Global Support Office (GSO) Risk and Controls function that reports to the Chief Financial Officer. The IT Risk & Controls Manager - GSO will report to the Global Assurance Manager, who reports to the VP of Assurance and ERM GSO.
Key responsibilities for the IT Risk & Controls Manager - Global Support Office include, but are not limited to:
- Monitoring, supporting, and reporting on the design / operating effectiveness of internal IT controls.
- Ensuring assurance testing on the effectiveness of key IT controls are executed with high quality and in accordance with industry/regulatory standards.
- Advising and supporting IT / IS Platforms in designing / implementing controls to remediate any gaps identified either by R&C or internal / external audit.
- Developing and maintaining quality assessments to ensure local IT frameworks do not diverge from the global framework.
- Respond to different ad-hoc projects and requests which require risk assessment exercises or design / implementation of temporary and permanent internal controls.
- Identify potential risks to IT services, analyzes the required measures to mitigate these risks and prepares the decision making directed at reducing the risks.
- Engage in IT third party assurance management.
- Supporting External and Internal Audit throughout the execution of audit plans
- Master’s degree in finance, Information Systems and Technology, or related field.
- 7+ years experience in Finance, Reporting, IT Auditing, Internal audit (ideally within a multinational corporation.) and/or 5+ years SAP IT General Control experience including SAP S/4 HANA and/or SuccessFactors
- Experience with designing, implementing, monitoring IT controls.
- Good project management skills and ability to work under pressure and in a demanding environment.
- Able to apply knowledge to complex projects and processes.
- One or two relevant certifications such as CPA, CISA or CRISC, ITIL, ISO 27001 Lead Implementer or Auditor, COBIT 5.
- Experience at a Big Four company.
- Experience in specialized IT-risk related topics (including e.g., Business Continuity Management, Outsourcing, cloud, DevOps, emerging technologies, data analytics).
- Work experience in one or more subjects: external financial auditing/internal auditing, IT risk advisory in internal control, Information Security.
- Knowledge of SAP environment, and ERP implementation projects.
- Specific expertise with assurance engagement as external IT auditor (ISAE 3402, SOC1, SOC2).
- Deep Knowledge of IT General Computer Controls.
- Experience in specialized IT-risk related topics (including e.g., Business Continuity Management, Outsourcing, cloud, DevOps, emerging technologies, project management, data analytics).
- Impacting and influencing multiple stakeholders.
- Analytical skills to understand processes and challenge them, keeping the helicopter overview and able to make improvement proposal / advice on control implementation.
- Control and risk mindset, critical thinking.
- Ability to support IT teams in mitigating risks while maintaining independence (3 lines of defense IC model).
- Coordination across cross-functional, multi-cultural teams to deliver a project.
- Knowledge in new & emerging technologies, cloud foundations is a plus.
- Strong communications skills (in English, written and verbal), ability to create clear, concise, and high-impact communications to support company visibility on health and sustainability.
- Analytical thinker with ability to bring concepts into action.
- Builds relationships easily across cultures.
- Strong leadership and management skills, motivating manager, and collaborator.
- Confidence to question and challenge the status quo, listen to other perspectives, and process feedback.
- Works efficiently with strong prioritization and time management skills.
- Fluent communication skills in English (Dutch is an asset)
This is how you keep growing Ahold Delhaize is growing enthusiastically, but sustainably. If we can grow while having a more positive impact on people or our planet, we're going for it. We encourage all of our 413,000 colleagues to share this attitude on a personal level, so opportunities to master new skills and expand your capabilities are a given. And because we're a global family of brands, finding your next challenge comes (almost) as naturally as calling an actual relative. We #daretocare for our people at all levels.
What that translate to in this role?
- An attractive annual salary 75-90K inclusief holiday pay, plus rewarding bonus, plus a first-rate pension plan where we contribute over 5 times your personal contribution
- The development and career prospects you associate with a global player: best-in-class coaching, well-constructed growth paths and international, cross-brand career options
- 20 vacation days, supplemented by a personal budget: take an additional 12.5 days off, opt for discounts, or simply take the cash
- Flexible working hours: We foster a vibrant culture by balancing in-person connections and cross-functional collaboration. Therefore, we ask you to ensure you spend at least 50% of your working time each month at the office
- A laptop and a smartphone, NS business traject card and discounts on health insurance and groceries
- The chance to drive meaningful change – healthy, affordable, sustainably produced food matters – on a truly global scale
- Membership in a diverse community that wholeheartedly embraces courage, inspires growth, and dares to care
Dare to care and grow with us? We look forward to teaming up! Virtually and at your home away from home: our vibrant HQ, right next to Zaandam CS station. Want to know more before you hit the Apply button? Alexandra Smelt (Talent Acquisition Partner) will gladly talk you through the position at email@example.com
matters to us?
"I realized how much impact you can truly have as an individual, working for such a huge international company.”
“The support this company has always offered means the world to me."
“I feel the freedom to show initiative, propose changes and try new things. Having that freedom gave me wings to fly.”