What do we offer?
- To be courageous
- To live wholeheartedly
- To keep growing
What do you bring?
- Een aanpakkersmentaliteit
Why Ahold Delhaize
- Huge Impact
- Work with fun and smart colleagues
- (Inter)national growth opportunities
Go straight to:
How you can make a difference
Do you want to make a big impact, work for over 10 international brands within Ahold Delhaize (e.g. Albert Heijn, Bol.com, Delhaize, Stop & Shop and Food Lion) and work within our Data Governance Office (part of the European Data Science & Analytics team)?
As our Manager Data Governance at Ahold Delhaize you will: drive and influence strategic use of data across businesses and the Data Science & Analytics teams within our European brands. You will support (and influence) an effective rollout of our global data management program. Working together with various stakeholders to ensure the quality of our data and uniform processes and policies.
Subjects that will be on your agenda will be driving change at our EU Brands improving how data is handled by guiding implementation of the data management strategy, roadmap and standards for Ahold Delhaize EU brands. In addition, you will guide the (business/technical) implementation of data management tools and help define an effective and efficient data governance model for our brands across the Netherlands, Belgium, Romania, Greece, etc.
As a Manager Data Governance at Ahold Delhaize, you are part of our EU Data Governance Office also owning the Global Policy and Standards for the whole of Ahold Delhaize. You will make a huge impact as the role of Manager Data Governance is a new position. This provides many opportunities to shape your role and directly influence the data management roadmap going forward. You will be the “go to” person and work together with various teams in one or more areas like: i) (business) implementation of data governance, ii) functional ownership of Data Governance tooling iii) support our efforts to leverage our data. This means partnering with our associates both in the US and globally to stay informed, sharing your knowledge, align when possible, and set guidelines. This way you will influence and improve numerous processes and with this the experiences of millions of customers every single day.
As our Manager Data Governance at Ahold Delhaize you will:
- Steward the governance of data standards & quality across the EU brands of Ahold Delhaize and implementation of governance to support strategic use of data across the organization.
- Be a leading voice on the design, management and maintenance of data standards, processes and best practices.
- Drive a clear vision around the use of data and industry best in class data governance guardrails and processes.
- Drive adoption of data management tools (that will be) deployed across our organization
- Help define and ensure our ethical use of data principles are followed and made into concrete policies.
- Bring subject matter expertise and insight to educate and support the data science & analytics teams.
- Identify the needs of key stakeholders and assist in the prioritization of new data standards both internally and externally.
- Support the (technical) implementation and adoption of data standards.
Your new office
As a Manager Data Governance, you will work at and across Ahold Delhaize where approximately 370,000 employees worldwide serve over 50 million customers a week. Locally, you’ll be working with 1,500 colleagues in Zaandam, the Netherlands. We improve and innovate every day, supporting our trusted local brands and reinforcing our role as a leader in retail and e-commerce.
Within our new Data Science and Analytics team, we work closely together with our data science and analytics teams from our brands and the regional US team. We seek mutual opportunities, work together on implementing state-of-the-art data solutions and help them take data science and analytics to a higher level. Themes we are working on are relevance, personalization, forecasting, eCommerce and self-service analytics. In this new “Center of Excellence” we are looking for a Data Governance expert who will join us on this journey.
This is how you keep growing
Ahold Delhaize is growing enthusiastically, but sustainably. If we can grow while having a more positive impact on people or our planet, we’re going for it. We encourage all of our 413,000 colleagues to share this attitude on a personal level, so opportunities to master new skills and expand your capabilities are a given. And because we’re a global family of brands, finding your next challenge comes (almost) as naturally as calling an actual relative. We #daretocare for our people at all levels. What that translates to in this role?
- A gross annual salary of € 72-80K including Holiday Allowance. We also offer attractive bonuses, plus a first-rate pension plan with a personal contribution of just 4.7%.
- The development and career prospects you associate with a global player: best-in-class coaching, well-constructed growth paths and international, cross-brand career options
- 20 vacation days, supplemented by a personal budget: take an additional 12.5 days off, opt for discounts, or simply take the cash
- Flexible working hours: We foster a vibrant culture by balancing in-person connections and cross-functional collaboration. Therefore, we ask you to ensure you spend at least 50% of your working time each month at the office.
- NS business card and discounts on health insurance and groceries
- The chance to drive meaningful change – healthy, affordable, sustainably produced food matters – on a truly global scale
- Membership in a diverse community that wholeheartedly embraces courage, inspires growth, and dares to care
- We are open to candidates working from our office in Brussels, Athens, Prague, Belgrade, or Bucharest who are willing to travel to the Zaandam (Netherlands) office frequently.
At Ahold Delhaize you’ll be working for one of the biggest retailers in the world. You are curious, a self-starter and bursting with ambition to keep up with us. You supplement this ambition with:
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline. If you don't have a degree in a relevant discipline, demonstrably relevant experience and results are preferred.
- 4+ years of experience within Data Governance, with knowledge of Data management methodology DAMA DM-BoK considered an advantage.
- The ability to drive ideas through various levels of an organization and to influence stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills, you are reliable and accessible.
- Consulting competences, being able to think, frame and effectively translate complex ideas to drive change in senior management, business and other related stakeholders (IT, Legal, Security).
- Affinity with data related functions, privacy, security, or IT will help being successful in this role.
- Depending on your ambition and how you want to fulfill the role, the following aspects could be considered an advantage:
- Experience using various data governance tools (e.g., Collibra, Talend, IBM, etc.).
- Experienced in working closely together with Data Owners and Stewards along with technical stakeholders.
- Experience translating ethical principles into solid data governance policies and actions
Dare to care and grow with us?
We look forward to teaming up! Virtually and at your home away from home: our vibrant HQ, right next to Zaandam station. Want to know more before you hit the Apply button? Anouk Reus, Talent Acquistion Partner, will gladly talk you through the position at email@example.com or send a WhatsApp via +316.83233817
matters to us?
"I realized how much impact you can truly have as an individual, working for such a huge international company.”
“The support this company has always offered means the world to me."
“I feel the freedom to show initiative, propose changes and try new things. Having that freedom gave me wings to fly.”