What do we offer?
- To be courageous
- To live wholeheartedly
- To keep growing
What do you bring?
- A team player
- A drive to innovate
- High focus on quality
Go straight to:
How you can make a difference
Join AH Technology: Reinventing Food Retail every day. Improving the online shopping experience on AH.nl and the AH app with innovations for millions of users daily.
Hi, we’re AH Technology, food retail reinventors.
Albert Heijn goes way back. More than 130 years, to be exact. So for millions, food shopping is synonymous with the Albert Heijn brand. We didn’t achieve this with a complacent, ‘hey, if it works today, it’ll work tomorrow’ approach but by continually rethinking our propositions and staying plugged into customer demands.
Over 1,200 stores? Check.
The leading online food retail platform? Check.
We build, run and love it. ;-)
So what’s next? Accelerating our transition into a hybrid Food & Tech company is. We want to leverage data and technology to future-proof food shopping and make better food more easily accessible to everyone. At AH Technology, you collaborate with inspiring peers in the data, digital and tech domains. A community of diverse individuals who share a common goal; to create digital solutions that simplify (online) shopping and make it more inspiring. Are you ready to reinvent how millions buy and enjoy their food? We invest heavily in data, digital, and tech. And that includes investing in your career!
This is how you will reinvent food retail
As Backend Developer at AH Technology, you contribute to improving and optimizing the experience of millions of Albert Heijn customers. Using the latest technology, you transform the ever-changing insights in online and offline shopping into code that works. In short, you use your programming skills to develop, test, and implement new functionalities with your team.
In more detail, at AH Technology, you will:
- Creating integrations between our online and store applications.
- Provide solutions to our suppliers and other brands.
- Take ownership in developing high-quality services to withstand high loads.
- Improve, maintain, and develop features to provide a solid basis for our loyalty programs.
- Be working in a DevOps environment, and you are responsible for the performance and the quality of the things you own as a team.
Your new office
Curious about your colleagues? At AH Technology, you work with the best experts in the field. In an open environment where expertise is valued, we learn from each other and can innovate. Your team comprises 4 to 8 people, a Product Owner, a Scrum Master, and other passionate developers. They are all experts in their fields. When your team needs a break from coding, you head for the high-tech gaming room. Afterward, you'll be energized and ready to dive into the code again.
The right ingredients for an impactful job
- An annual salary between 52-76K, depending on your seniority based on a full-time workweek.
- 45 days of paid leave to enjoy your well-deserved holidays: 25,5 regular vacation days and 19,5 ADV days. Enjoy!
- Flexible working hours;
- Access to a challenging training curriculum – AH Tech Academy;
- An excellent pension plan where we as an employer contribute 4,5 more than you as an employee;
- A travel allowance or an NS business card for traveling to and from Zaandam by train;
- Attractive discounts on various insurance policies;
- 10% staff discount on groceries in all Albert Heijn stores, to a maximum of €300 per year;
- A company laptop and telephone.
The recipe for maximum customer impact
At AH Technology, you'll work for one of the biggest food retailers in the Netherlands. To become successful as our new software Engineer, you bring the following:
- Bachelor or University degree in Computer Science, IT, or a comparable subject.
- At least 3 years of work experience as a Backend Developer, Java Developer, Kotlin Developer, or Backend DevOps Engineer.
- Experience with Java 11 or higher, Kotlin, Services (APIs), and CI/CD.
- Knowledge of Containerisation (Kubernetes) and Cloud (Azure).
- A getting-things-done mentality.
- An insatiable appetite for new knowledge and knowledge sharing.
- Good communication skills, fluent in English or Dutch.
AH Tech Academy
We launched our brand-new AH Tech Academy—a learning environment organized by and for our colleagues and external training partners. The AH Tech Academy offers a variety of courses and training. You will find software development training, Agile courses, time management, presentation training, and more. You can get your certifications and visit conferences. We invest time, budget, and room for both your personal and professional growth.
Ready to reinvent food retail with us?
Click the apply button and discover how you can work with diverse and enthusiastic colleagues to make the future of food retail a little brighter each day.
matters to us?
"I realized how much impact you can truly have as an individual, working for such a huge international company.”
“The support this company has always offered means the world to me."
“I feel the freedom to show initiative, propose changes and try new things. Having that freedom gave me wings to fly.”