What do we offer?
- To be courageous
- To live wholeheartedly
- To keep growing
What do you bring?
- A positive attitude
- Passion for your expertise
- The ability to connect
Go straight to:
How you can make a difference
FoodTech is hot! If you’re looking for a career in architecture, greenfield engineering with impact and scale, but you don’t want to move away from coding as your core activity, keep reading. 🙂
The company: About AH Technology, food retail reinventors
Albert Heijn goes way back; more than 130 years, to be exact. For millions of people, food shopping is synonymous with the Albert Heijn brand. We didn’t achieve this with a complacent, ‘hey, if it works today, it’ll work tomorrow’ approach, but by continually rethinking our propositions and staying plugged in to customer demands.
Over 1,000 stores? Check.
The leading online food retail platform? Check.
We build it, we run it and we love it. 😉
So, what’s next?
We want to accelerate our transition into a hybrid Food & Tech company by leveraging data and technology to future-proof food shopping. Our goal is to make better food more easily accessible to everyone. At AH Technology, you team up with inspiring peers in the data, digital and tech domains. A community of diverse individuals who share a common purpose: to create digital solutions that make shopping simpler and more inspiring, both online and in our stores.
We invest heavily in tech. That includes investing in your career! Are you ready to reinvent the way millions of people buy and enjoy their food?
Our Engineering Enablement Department has a purpose to accelerate our teams worldwide. We strive to provide teams a set of tools and services to enable unlock their full potential. In short, we enable them to deliver quality customer value quickly and autonomously. The tools and services we provide are built with and for our engineering community.
As Senior within our engineering enablement, you build products and platforms for our engineers. You contribute directly to creating a state-of-the-art, self-service eco-system of products and automation. This is a mission you won’t take on solo, but as a full-fledged member of the enablement team. Following Inner-Sourcing principles, you will work with users and maintainers throughout the whole organization to fit your ideas into the bigger picture: Accelerate our product teams, so they can deliver quality customer value quickly and autonomously.
In your role, as Senior of the streaming platform team, your primary focus will be architecting and delivering the central event-driven platform, powered by Strimzi Kafka. This platform will fully enable our engineers to rapidly deliver value to our customers. You will be responsible for building and maintaining a self-service platform based on Backstage.
This is how you will reinvent food retail
- Build and maintain our Cloud products, technical platforms, or paved roads with state-of-the-art technology.
- Leverage your specialist knowledge your field to help decide the best technical architecture and solutions for our complete organization.
- Be a part of the larger enablement community and help us improve every day.
- Work with an “open-source and build yourself” mentality in a corporate environment: inner-sourcing.
Your ‘shopping list’
- 8+ years of relevant work experience. By relevant, we mean having touched architecture, or having refactored code within a comparably complex environment, during at least some of those years.
You will have:
- Experience with deploying, managing, and troubleshooting Kafka clusters using Strimzi is highly desirable.
- Experience with Java or other object-oriented programming languages, familiarity with Python
- Knowledge and experience of containers and Kubernetes cluster
- Knowledge of design, develop, and deploy a self-service platform for Kafka, to enable teams across the organization to provision and manage Kafka topics, producers, consumers, and other related resources.
- A sense of ownership on feature deliverables end to end, spec out solutions and deliver independently.
- A desire to collaborate with application teams in designing effective solutions to challenging latency and/or throughput requirements.
- A desire to maintain an on-going understanding of emerging data management technologies, industry trends and best practices.
Keywords: Streaming Libraries (Kafka streams, Java Streams, Akka), Azure, Apache Kafka, Kubernetes, backstage, React, TypeScript
Join our dynamic and innovative team to play a key role in shaping the future of our Kafka infrastructure and enabling self-service capabilities for our organization. Together, we will ensure the reliability, scalability, and efficiency of our event streaming platform to support the supermarket's technology-driven growth.
- An annual salary of up to €90K based on a full-time workweek.
- Attractive bonus plan, travel expenses, a laptop and smartphone.
- Generous retirement plan with a solid contribution from Albert Heijn.
- 32.5 days of paid leave to enjoy your well-deserved holidays.
- An employer that combines the best of two worlds: the career opportunities of a corporate, and the drive and autonomy ‘to boldly go where no one has gone before’ that typifies scaleups.
Ready to reinvent food retail with us?
Click the apply button and discover how you can work with diverse and enthusiastic colleagues to make the future of food retail a little brighter each day.
matters to us?
"I realized how much impact you can truly have as an individual, working for such a huge international company.”
“The support this company has always offered means the world to me."
“I feel the freedom to show initiative, propose changes and try new things. Having that freedom gave me wings to fly.”