What do we offer?
- To be courageous
- To live wholeheartedly
- To keep growing
What do you bring?
- Passion for your expertise
- True tech-savvy
- The ability to connect
Go straight to:
How you can make a difference
Hi, we’re AH Technology, food retail reinventors
Albert Heijn goes way back. More than 130 years, to be exact. So for millions of people, food shopping is synonymous with the Albert Heijn brand. We didn’t achieve this with a complacent, ‘hey, if it works today, it’ll work tomorrow’ approach, but by continually rethinking our propositions and staying plugged in to customer demands. Over 1,200 stores? Check. The leading online food retail platform? Check.
We build, run and love it. ;-)
So what’s next? Accelerating our transition into a hybrid Food & Tech company is. We want to leverage data and technology to future-proof food shopping and make better food more easily accessible to everyone. At AH Technology, you team up with inspiring peers in the data, digital and tech domains. A community of diverse individuals who share a common goal; to create digital solutions that make (online) shopping simpler and more inspiring. Are you ready to reinvent the way millions of people buy and enjoy their food? We invest heavily in data, digital and tech. And that includes investing in your career.
Your new office and colleagues
At AH Technology you work with the best experts in the field in an open environment, where expertise is valued, where we learn from each other and have the freedom to innovate. You will work in the team with several other colleagues, which operates within the platform. This department can be considered the engine room of AH, consisting of 2 several teams developing and supporting AH’s Merchandise, Finance and Support disciplines
This is how you will reinvent food retail
- Participate in standups and refinements in your team;
- Coach and guide the DevOps engineer in your team;
- Develop technical solutions in line with our systems and business process architecture;
- Develop proofs of concept, build code, implement and execute automated testing, ensure security and code quality, develop best practices and execute automated testing;
- Contribute to developing our technical standards and guidelines;
- Share your expertise and contribute to initiatives and your product cluster and the broader AH Retail Technology Platform;
- Pro active and able to build a stronger culture within the team;
- Develop the team’s skills and processes to deliver value as quickly as possible.
You are technically co-responsible for the work of your product team. The team develops and supports multiple applications delivering one or more capabilities for our brands in The Netherlands. You will work closely with our Tech Lead, Product Owner and Product Architect, to develop our technology landscape. Business technology and Solution consultants will support you and the rest of the team to identify requirements and find the best possible solutions.
Your ‘shopping list’
- A Technology/IT Engineering Master or Bachelor degree;
- 5 years+ experience as Sr. Engineer / Lead Engineer working in a complex (corporate) Technology environment;
- Broad technical knowledge including Oracle technology stack (PL/SQL), Cloud (preferably Azure and OCI), Microservices (preferably Java/Kotlin), API and non-functional requirements such as scalability and technical security;
- Knowledge on event streaming and messaging platform (Kafka) - a big plus;
- Knowledge and experience on Agile;
- An outstanding command of English and Dutch would be a big plus;
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to lead and motivate people.
The best ingredients for a meaningful job
At AH Technology we aim to grow, and this is only possible if you grow along with us. As we work together to build our brand and your career, you can count on (based on 40 hours per week):
- A competitive annual gross salary up to 87k euro and a bonus on top of your salary;
- 20 vacation days and a Personal Budget for you to decide whether to spend it on 12.5 extra vacation days, discounts or a pay-out;
- Flexible working hours;
- Access to a challenging training curriculum - AH Tech Academy;
- An excellent pension plan;
- A travel allowance for traveling to and from Zaandam;
- Attractive discounts on various insurance policies;
- 10% staff discount on groceries in all Albert Heijn stores, to a maximum of €300 per year;
- A company laptop and telephone.
Ready to reinvent food retail with us?
Click the apply button and discover how you can work with diverse and enthusiastic colleagues to make the future of food retail a little brighter each day.
matters to us?
"I realized how much impact you can truly have as an individual, working for such a huge international company.”
“The support this company has always offered means the world to me."
“I feel the freedom to show initiative, propose changes and try new things. Having that freedom gave me wings to fly.”