What do we offer?
- To be courageous
- To live wholeheartedly
- To keep growing
What do you bring?
- Passion for your expertise
- True tech-savvy
- The ability to connect
Go straight to:
How you can make a difference
The company: About AH Technology, food retail reinventors
Albert Heijn goes way back. More than 130 years, to be exact. So, for millions of people, food shopping is synonymous with the Albert Heijn brand. We did not achieve this with a complacent, ‘hey, if it works today, it’ll work tomorrow’ approach but by continually rethinking our propositions and staying plugged into customer demands.
Over 1,200 stores? Check.
The leading online food retail platform? Check.
We build it, we run it, and we love it. 😉
So, what is next? Accelerating our transition into a hybrid Food and tech company is. We want to leverage data and technology to future-proof food shopping and make better food more easily accessible to everyone. At AH Technology, you team up with inspiring peers in the data, digital, and tech domains. A community of diverse individuals who share a common goal; to create digital solutions that simplify shopping and are more inspiring, whether online or in our stores.
Are you ready to reinvent how millions buy and enjoy their food? We invest heavily in tech. And that includes investing in your career!
Your new job
As a Backend Developer for AH, you are technically co-responsible for the product team's work. The team develops and supports multiple applications delivering one or more capabilities for our brands in The Netherlands. You will work closely with the other engineers to develop our technology landscape. Business technology and Solution consultants will support the team to identify requirements and find the best possible solutions. You will report directly to the head of tech.
Your efforts will help the teams to deliver outstanding results. More specifically, as a Backend Developer you will:
- Participate in standups and refinements in the team;
- Help develop technical solutions in line with our system and business process;
- Build code, implement and execute automated testing, ensure security and code quality, contribute in best practices and deployments;
- Add value with your expertise and contribute with initiatives in your product cluster and the broader AH Retail Technology Platform;
- Be a valued team member, that contributes and removes obstacles;
Is this you?
To become successful as our new Backend Developer you bring:
- 4+ years hands-on experience in the full software lifecycle building Springboot, Java/Kotlin, AKS, Github Actions, Kubernetes, noSQL DB (Mongo DB), Kafka and Azure IAAS.
- Knowledge of technologies such as GraphQL is a plus
- Has experience driving the technical landscape, solution design, implementation, operations, business alignments, prioritization, along with the team
- Will spend a significant amount of time on hands-on delivery as well as code reviews.
- Will secure the quality as well as speed of delivery in our Agile Scrum cadence.
- Is available to join the team at Zaandam (hybrid mode of working with at least 2 office days with the team per week).
- Communicates effectively and collaborates with product owner, team members, architects and other stakeholders. (no Dutch needed, only English language is required)
- Has good interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
This is what we can offer
At AH Technology we aim to grow, and this is only possible if you grow along with us. As we work together to build our brand and your career, you can count on (based on 40 hours per week):
- An annual salary of up to €80K (including holiday allowance & bonus), depending on your seniority based on a full-time workweek.
- 45 days of paid leave to enjoy your well-deserved holidays: 25,5 regular vacation days and 19,5 ADV days. Enjoy!
- Flexible working hours;
- Access to a challenging training curriculum – AH Tech Academy;
- An excellent pension plan where we as an employer contribute 4,5 more than you as an employee;
- A travel allowance or an NS business card for traveling to and from Zaandam by train;
- Attractive discounts on various insurance policies;
- 10% staff discount on groceries in all Albert Heijn stores, to a maximum of €300 per year;
- A company laptop and telephone
Your new office and collegues
Albert Heijn, part of Ahold Delhaize, is the number one omnichannel food retailer in the Netherlands. We’ve been inspiring customers and building trust for more than 130 years. We like to say, We’re always there for you, and with more than 1200 stores in the Netherlands and Belgium and 24/7 shopping on ah.nl, it is more true than ever! But now we want to take our business to the next level. By making better food accessible to everyone, and by making shopping fit the way people live today.
By joining our team, you become part of AH Technology, where you can make your mark on the daily lives of millions of people. AH Technology is a department-transcending community consisting of the departments Data, Digital and Tech within Albert Heijn. Our smart professionals create digital solutions that make (online) shopping simpler and more inspiring. We’re continually rethinking the way people shop, pay and even enjoy food. That’s why we’re investing heavily in data, digital and tech, to further transform Albert Heijn into a leading Food & Tech company.
Curious about your colleagues? At AH Technology you work with the best experts in the field in an open environment where expertise is valued, where we learn from each other and have the freedom to innovate.
You will work with several other colleagues who operate within the Retail Technology platform. This department can be considered the engine room of AH, consisting of 27 teams developing and supporting AH’s Merchandise, Finance, Stores, Supply Chain, and Support disciplines.
Team Promo operates as a DevOps unit within MDM. This team supplies online and brick-and-mortar AH stores with information on Offers and Promotions through various services.
Composed of five DevOps engineers, the group handles the creation and upkeep of these services. The team is culturally diverse.
At Team Finance team you will:
- Be part of the Finance Tech team – a dynamic team, young in spirit and always in for a challenge
- Own a wide variety of products; from a portal for Franchisees to tools process sales and payments
- Be working together with nearly all other tech teams since there all connected with Finance
- Be working in a DevOps environment, and you are responsible for the performance and the quality of the things you own as a team.
AH Tech Academy
We launched our brand-new AH Tech Academy—a learning environment organized by and for our colleagues and external training partners. The AH Tech Academy offers a variety of courses and training. You will find software development training, Agile courses, time management, presentation training, and more. You can get your certifications and visit conferences. We invest time, budget, and room for both your personal and professional growth.
- Asynchronous Coding Task: Allocate 45-90 minutes for a code-writing exercise, allowing flexibility based on your preferred coding style.
- Theoretical Technical Assessment: In-depth discussion focusing on technical theories and concepts.
- Organizational Culture Evaluation: Exploration of fit within the company's cultural landscape.
- Offer Stage: Completing all stages will result in a formal job offer.
Ready to reinvent food retail with us?
Click the apply button and discover how you can work with diverse and enthusiastic colleagues to make the future of food retail a little brighter each day.
matters to us?
"I realized how much impact you can truly have as an individual, working for such a huge international company.”
“The support this company has always offered means the world to me."
“I feel the freedom to show initiative, propose changes and try new things. Having that freedom gave me wings to fly.”