What do we offer?
- To be courageous
- To live wholeheartedly
- To keep growing
What do you bring?
- A team player
- True tech-savvy
- High focus on quality
Go straight to:
How you can make a difference
For our iOS chapter, we are looking for an enthusiastic, autonomous, opinionated developer, who understands the potential impact they have on our active user base which is currently hovering around 3,3 million users. This means 50 thousand people using the Albert Heijn app actively at any moment during the day will look at your work, and that makes this app an exciting project to work on.
This is how you will reinvent food retail.
· We care deeply about consistent, malleable, well-documented, and tested code.
· You join a mobile community of 50+ engineers, who think alike, or differently, but all love working on new initiatives, high performance, and high-quality code.
· We always keep in mind that code is more often read than written.
· Doing things right, is more important than closing the ticket a day too early.
· We are firm believers that “QA should find nothing” and use our strict PR review process to learn from each other and have fun doing it.
· We work for our users, not our managers.
· We know the price of sloppy programming because we’ve paid it (and are still paying it), so refactoring messy parts of the codebase is a normal part of our day (Boy-scout rule ftw!).
Your new team and office.
Together with your team of iOS developers, Android Developers, Back-End developers, a QA tester, and a Product Owner, you will work on inspiring projects to accelerate our transition into a hybrid Food & Tech company.
We are currently recruiting for two different teams. During the interview process, we will together assess which team could be the best fit.
Loyalty and Savings: The first page you’ll see when opening the app is part of Loyalty and Savings responsibility: AH to go, Koopzegels, AH Miles, and finally our digital saving campaigns. You and your team will update and maintain these features and work on exciting projects such as (further) digitalizing our loyalty and saving campaigns.
What’s for Dinner: the question we ask ourselves every day! This feature generates 3 million users every week. Find daily inspiration when it comes to recipes or have a look at one of our food blogs. You and your team will be responsible for updating and maintaining this feature. One of the big projects this year will be digitalizing our Allerhande magazine.
Curious about our mobile tech stack? We listed them on Stack share (https://stackshare.io/albert-heijn/albert-heijn-ios). A sneak peek: 100% swift, moving to clean architecture (from VIP). Big projects: no storyboards or nibs, 8K+ unit tests, 1K+ Snapshot tests, GitHub Actions, Fastlane.
What we offer:
At Albert Heijn we aim to grow, and this is only possible if you grow along with us. As we work together to build our brand and your career, you can count on (based on 40 hours per week):
· An annual salary between 50K- 85K including holiday allowance. The height of your salary depends on your level of experience;
· A flexible bonus (up to 10K);
· A minimum of 20 days paid vacation, optionally 12.5 days extra. Do you want to take that extra time off, or would you rather convert the extra days into discounts or sell them for cash? It’s up to you to decide!
· Flexible working hours;
· Access to a challenging training curriculum – AH Tech Academy;
· An excellent pension plan where we as an employer contribute 4,5 more than you as an employee;
· A travel allowance or a NS-business card for traveling to and from Zaandam by train;
· Attractive discounts on various insurance policies;
· 10% staff discount on groceries in all Albert Heijn stores, to a maximum of €300 per year;
· A company laptop and mobile phone (iOS😉).
What we ask.
We think it’s important to be part of a high-belonging team; a team where you can be yourself and feel safe, accepted, and appreciated. For this job, we are preferably looking for someone who brings diversity to our team, in the widest sense possible. So don’t check all the boxes? Don’t worry, we probably don’t either 😉. Don’t hesitate to apply if you think you are up for the challenge, we’re happy to have a look at your resume!
The recipe for maximum impact:
· A Technology/IT Engineering Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, or equivalent work experience;
· Relevant experience as a developer of mobile apps in iOS (swift).
· Know your way around with CI/CD, using Fastlane and GitHub Actions;
· Knowledge and experience in SOLID principles, clean architecture, and testing;
· Outstanding communication in English (Dutch is not mandatory, but already living in the Netherlands is);
· A highly communicative personality.
· A valid working permit to work in the Netherlands (we can offer an extension of your sponsorship, but currently don’t offer relocation).
We’re Albert Heijn, food retail reinventors. 🚀
Albert Heijn goes way back. More than 135 years, to be exact. So for millions of people, food shopping is synonymous with the Albert Heijn brand. We didn’t achieve this with a complacent, ‘hey, if it works today, it’ll work tomorrow’ approach, but by continually rethinking our propositions and staying plugged in to customer demands. More than 125,000 colleagues? Check. Over 1,250 stores in the Netherlands and Flanders? Check. The leading online food retail platform? Check, we build, run and love it.
Together we make eating better the easy choice. For everyone. The world around us has changed, and significantly at that. These changes have impact on the lives of our customers, colleagues, and partners. And therefore, also on Albert Heijn. We’re moving towards a new world with new opportunities and challenges. Albert Heijn wants more people to eat fresher, healthier, and more sustainable food. Eating brings us together, keeps us healthier, and contributes positively to the world. Our mission is: Together we make eating better the easy choice. For everyone.
We invest heavily in data, digital, and tech. And that includes investing in your career! Our teams work in a hybrid way: both from home as well as in the office. Our team goes to the office every other week but you are welcome to come more often. We are located right next to the train station of Zaandam.
Ready to contribute to our mission?
Do you want to play an active role in changing the food retail landscape as we know it? Then hop on board and join us on our expedition. Would you like to learn more first, before you apply to Albert Heijn? We’re happy to tell you everything about this vacancy during a 30-minute video call with the recruiter and our Tech Lead Mobile so you can ask in-depth questions about the role before our next step: a technical assignment to tackle at home, which we use to understand if your programming style matches what we look for in a teammate. If it’s a match we will invite you in for a 1-hour chat where we talk about your assignment, experiences. This interview doesn’t need any preparation. At last, there’s a 30-min chat with the Head of Tech and a PO or Agile coach to get to know each other and tell you more about the direction and ambitions of the team.
matters to us?
"I realized how much impact you can truly have as an individual, working for such a huge international company.”
“The support this company has always offered means the world to me."
“I feel the freedom to show initiative, propose changes and try new things. Having that freedom gave me wings to fly.”