What do we offer?
- To be courageous
- To live wholeheartedly
- To keep growing
What do you bring?
- Goede analytische skills
- Oog voor detail
- Een creatief brein
Why Ahold Delhaize
- Huge Impact
- Work with fun and smart colleagues
- (Inter)national growth opportunities
Go straight to:
How you can make a difference
Are you passionate about understanding user needs and creating both exceptional and scalable user experiences? Join us as the Lead Design – Product Design & Research at Ahold Delhaize and play a crucial role in developing user-centric applications across our global digital channels.
Hi, we are Ahold Delhaize, a global family of caring brands
Helping people eat well, save time, and live better. That is what Ahold Delhaize (55m weekly customers, 413k colleagues) stands for. As one of the world’s largest and most forward-thinking food retail groups, our global family of local brands creates inspiring shopping experiences. Whether people shop at brick-and-mortars, prefer quick pick-ups, or opt for the convenience of ordering online, Ahold Delhaize delivers.
We are growing our business quickly but responsibly. We advocate and accelerate sustainable retailing, responsible sourcing, supporting local communities, and helping customers make healthier choices in a world in transition. That requires the courage and wholeheartedness to have convictions and stand up for what we believe in. It also takes a growth-hacking mindset: tomorrow’s opportunities call for tomorrow’s skills. But most of all, it requires us to be there for the people and communities we serve. #daretocare
Dive wholeheartedly into these key responsibilities
Ahold Delhaize is a leading multinational retailer, serving millions of customers in Europe, the US, and Indonesia through iconic brands like Albert Heijn, bol.com, Giant Co., and Super Indo. As part of our Digital Experience Team, you will have the unique opportunity to create and evolve digital capabilities, products, and services that enhance customer well-being, save time, and improve lives.
We are seeking a talented and experienced Design Lead with a strong background in Design Research for web, mobile, or in-store products. If you are passionate about creating a deep understanding of customer needs, research and validation methodologies, and industry trends, this role is tailored for you.
As the Lead Product Design & Research, you will take ownership of Ahold Delhaize's design research practice and take a hands-on lead of the research methodology, principles, processes and execution. Additionally, you will create innovative UX/UI designs, and raise the bar for our product design in e-commerce, loyalty, and in-store experiences.
- Lead and manage the research portfolio and discovery process with brands and product teams
- Define and implement research methodologies, best practices and processes to help the Digital Experience team continuously deliver effective, scalable, and user-centered solutions.
- Conducting in-depth design research to gain insights into user needs, preferences, and behaviors.
- Analyzing key industry trends and competitors' user experience strategies to inform and enhance our own design approach.
- Collaborating closely with product teams, including product managers, designers, and developers, to translate research findings into actionable design recommendations.
- Contribute actively by developing user journeys, wireframes, and prototypes that align with user needs and business objectives.
- Continuously iterating and refining designs based on user feedback, usability testing, and data analysis.
- Ensuring that the user experience is consistent across all digital channels and aligns with the overall brand strategy.
- Providing guidance and mentorship to the design team, acting as a player coach to elevate both their design and research capability
This is how you keep growing
Ahold Delhaize is growing enthusiastically, but sustainably. If we can grow while having a more positive impact on people or our planet, we’re going for it. We encourage all of our 413,000 colleagues to share this attitude on a personal level, so opportunities to master new skills and expand your capabilities are a given. And because we’re a global family of brands, finding your next challenge comes (almost) as naturally as calling an actual relative. We #daretocare for our people at all levels. What that translates to in this role?
- A gross annual salary between €86.000 and €107.000 , attractive bonuses, plus a first-rate pension plan with a personal contribution of just 4.7%
- The development and career prospects you associate with a global player: best-in-class coaching, well-constructed growth paths and international, cross-brand career options
- 20 vacation days, supplemented by a personal budget: take an additional 12.5 days off, opt for discounts, or simply take the cash
- Flexible working hours: We foster a vibrant culture by balancing in-person connections and cross-functional collaboration. Therefore, we ask you to ensure you spend at least 50% of your working time each month at the office.
- NS business card and discounts on health insurance and groceries
- The chance to drive meaningful change – healthy, affordable, sustainably produced food matters – on a truly global scale
- Membership in a diverse community that wholeheartedly embraces courage, inspires growth, and dares to care
We welcome caring colleagues who
- Combine a degree in Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, or a related field with 7 of relevant work experience, e.g., in design research, with a focus on user experience
- Proven experience in implementing Research Methodologies and Processes, and proficiency in user testing methodologies and data analysis.
- Strong proficiency in utilizing data and analytics to inform design decisions.
- Proficiency in creating user journeys, wireframes, and prototypes.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to translate research findings into actionable design recommendations.
- Experience working collaboratively with cross-functional teams and stakeholders.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to effectively communicate design concepts and recommendations.
- Strong attention to detail and a passion for creating exceptional user experience.
- Are as caring, courageous and growth-minded as your colleagues, and are happy to embrace and advocate the #daretocare philosophy
- We are open to candidates working from our office in Brussels, Athens, Prague, Belgrade, or Bucharest who are willing to travel to the Zaandam (Netherlands) office frequently.
At Ahold Delhaize and our local brands we define diversity broadly, seeing it as inclusive of thoughts and skills, generational differences, LGBTQ+, gender, race and ethnicity, disabilities, nationalities and more, and we accept all people for who they are.
Dare to care and grow with us?
We look forward to teaming up! Virtually and at your home away from home: our vibrant HQ, right next to Zaandam station. Want to know more before you hit the Apply button? Anouk Reus, Talent Acquisition Partner Digital will gladly talk you through the position. Send a WhatsApp message via +31 683233817 or email@example.com.
matters to us?
"I realized how much impact you can truly have as an individual, working for such a huge international company.”
“The support this company has always offered means the world to me."
“I feel the freedom to show initiative, propose changes and try new things. Having that freedom gave me wings to fly.”