What do we offer?
- To be courageous
- To live wholeheartedly
- To keep growing
What do you bring?
- Passion for your expertise
- An entrepreneurial attitude
- High focus on quality
Go straight to:
How you can make a difference
Ahold Delhaize Finance Company
Location: Geneva, Switzerland
Hi, we are Ahold Delhaize, a global family of caring brands
Helping people eat well, save time, and live better. That is what Ahold Delhaize (55m weekly customers, 413k colleagues) stands for. As one of the world’s largest and most forward-thinking food retail groups, our global family of local brands creates inspiring shopping experiences. Whether people shop at brick-and-mortars, prefer quick pick-ups, or opt for the convenience of ordering online, Ahold Delhaize delivers.
We are growing our business quickly but responsibly. We advocate and accelerate sustainable retailing, responsible sourcing, supporting local communities, and helping customers make healthier choices in a world in transition. That requires the courage and wholeheartedness to have convictions and stand up for what we believe in. It also takes a growth-hacking mindset: tomorrow’s opportunities call for tomorrow’s skills. But most of all, it requires us to be there for the people and communities we serve. #daretocare
Dive wholeheartedly into these responsibilities
In this position, you will be responsible for the management of all customer payment transactions both digital and in store across all Ahold Delhaize European markets. The portfolio consists of payments via debit/credit cards, account to account, meal vouchers, digital wallet and any other electronic means of payments. You will be responsible for the management of vendor relations pertaining to both digital and in store electronic customer payment transactions. You will establish and maintain a governance structure across all Ahold Delhaize European business teams in relation to current and new payment types, as well as support our European brand teams with insights and analytics on the current and projected landscape of payments across Ahold Delhaize Europe. You will be tasked with enabling better collaboration and sharing of best practices, providing continuity across all payment’s activities and regions, and enabling greater strategic focus on payments.
Reporting to the Treasury Director, Cash and Risk Management, your main responsibilities will be to:
1. Drive payment strategy and financial performance
• Develop and manage payment acquiring strategy and initiatives across regions and support their implementation.
• Manage and support reporting, analytics, business insights in relation to all customer payment methods.
• Maintain pipeline of opportunities and market intelligence in relation to customer payment transactions.
• Analyze market and competitive data to develop, analyze and execute current and new payment methods to enhance customer experience while engaging with all areas of the organization to capture full impact of payment method.
• Drive improvement initiatives by means of simplification, synergies, benchmarking and getting the support across the company on those initiatives and by that increase Ahold Delhaize Europe’s return on investments.
2. Key Performance Indicators
• Identify, monitor and make visible business metrics and indices that are universally accepted as key financial performance indicators of payments acceptance.
• Enhance focus on non-financial key metrics e.g., frictionless payment journey, fraud management and conversion rates.
3. Manage all payments 3rd party relationship
• Manage all payments 3rd party relationship supporting tools, reporting and analytics.
• Maintain and develop all vendor relationships in relation to electronic customer payment transactions (In store & digital).
• Co responsible with the sourcing unit for negotiating and sourcing for all payment contracts and fees relating to electronic customer payment transactions.
At Ahold Delhaize and our local brands we define diversity broadly, seeing it as inclusive of thoughts and skills, generational differences, LGBTQ+, gender, race and ethnicity, disabilities, nationalities and more, and we accept all people for who they are.
Your new job and office
Ahold Delhaize is one of world’s largest food retail groups and a leader in both supermarkets and e-commerce, and a company at the forefront of sustainable retailing. Our family of great local brands serves over 50 million shoppers each week in the United States, Europe and Indonesia. In Europe, in most of the countries we are the number 1 or 2 supermarket company, leader in specialty stores such as Albert Heijn and Delhaize, and in the Netherlands, we own the leading e-commerce company, Bol.com.
Each brand shares a passion for delivering great food, value and innovations, and for creating inclusive workplaces that provide rewarding professional opportunities. Our brands have also established meaningful, lasting commitments to strengthen local communities, source responsibly and help customers make healthier choices.
Ahold Delhaize operates a centralized Treasury in Geneva, Switzerland for the global management of:
• Cash and liquidity.
• Foreign exchange and interest rate risks.
• Debt and equity capital markets.
• Intercompany funding.
• Relationships with banks and credit rating agencies.
• Structuring and procurement of global insurance programmes
• Customer payment acquiring
The Treasury proactively supports business operations by addressing their specific cash management needs and any initiatives involving the delivery of banking and acquiring services and products.
To be successful in this role, you bring the following:
• A master’s degree in Finance, Economics or Business Administration.
• 10 years of experience in Finance with 5 years’ experience in payment.
• Proven track-record in understanding consumer electronic payment processes including merchant acquirers and global payment providers.
• Analytical skills, ability to simplify and analyze large volumes of transaction data.
• Positive and entrepreneurial mindset.
• Strong project management skills with ability to manage effectively in a decentralized operating environment.
• Strong relationship building skills and adept at managing through cultural transition.
• Fluent in English with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
This is how you keep growing
Ahold Delhaize is growing enthusiastically, but sustainably. If we can grow while having a more positive impact on people or our planet, we’re going for it. We encourage all of our 413,000 colleagues to share this attitude on a personal level, so opportunities to master new skills and expand your capabilities are a given. And because we’re a global family of brands, finding your next challenge comes (almost) as naturally as calling an actual relative. We #daretocare for our people at all levels.
What do we offer?
• Work in the dynamic international environment of Ahold Delhaize with talented colleagues who have a broad range of professional experience.
• Competitive compensation and benefits package.
Perhaps Ahold Delhaize is your new workplace where you’ll join an international and dynamic Group Treasury team. Please complete the application by sending your CV and a cover letter.
matters to us?
"I realized how much impact you can truly have as an individual, working for such a huge international company.”
“The support this company has always offered means the world to me."
“I feel the freedom to show initiative, propose changes and try new things. Having that freedom gave me wings to fly.”