What do we offer?
- To be courageous
- To live wholeheartedly
- To keep growing
What do you bring?
- Passie voor data
- Een echte teamspeler
- Een verbindend karakter
Go straight to:
How you can make a difference
Are you interested in working in an international procurement field, investigating better opportunities for our business? As our new Business Analyst Sourcing you help strengthen the position of our Sourcing community with fact-based analyses and actionable insights, in order to drive savings delivery. You’ll do this by preparing detailed datasets, analyzing markets and consulting strategic business decisions. You drive, enable and manage strategic decision-making of the category teams and stakeholders in Europe.
Hi, we are Ahold Delhaize, a global family of caring brands
Helping people eat well, save time, and live better. That is what Ahold Delhaize (54m weekly customers, 410k colleagues) stands for. As one of the world’s largest and most forward-thinking food retail groups, our global family of local brands creates inspiring shopping experiences. Whether people shop at brick-and-mortars, prefer quick pick-ups, or opt for the convenience of ordering online, Ahold Delhaize delivers.
What you’ll be doing
As our new Business Analyst Sourcing Logistics and Utilities you have a challenging position. You identify innovations within the procurement market, consult on your findings in close operation with our category teams and optimize end to end lifecycle processes. For this, you need to tap into your analytical, problem solving and project management skills. As a Business Analyst Sourcing, you work for Ahold Delhaize brands in Europe and leverage our global Ahold Delhaize network and (buying alliance) partners.
Dive wholeheartedly into these key responsibilities
- Providing actionable insights on market and supplier intelligence.
You analyze market trends, commodity and labor prices, innovations and sustainability topics within the Logistics & Utilities categories. You generate insights and create advisory reports. Also, you identify and manage external insights of service providers, translate research requests into analytics briefings and summarize/translate these into actionable insights. Next to this, you perform supplier discovery (identification, profiling, benchmarking) and liaise with buying alliances.
- Value Chain Analysis: identifying optimizations in our NfR (Not for Resale) supply chains.
You manage the Value Chain database by actively contributing to Value Chain Analysis (VCA) and managing VCA progress across category teams. You map relevant value chains within the category, perform activity analysis and identify relevant cost drivers. You also perform assessments and analyze regulatory environment to identify opportunities, and perform benchmarks to assess costs, ways of working and different sourcing models.
- Establishing a fact-based negotiation position by Should Cost modelling
You develop, update and maintain a Should Cost database, where you investigate the make-up/specifications of a product or service and determine the right price
- Shaping the category ambition by structuring and facilitating workshops.
You perform internal and external analysis to co-create winning category and sourcing strategies.
- Increasing our knowledge and datasets in PowerBI.
You manage our resources and assets by managing the NfR Impact Dashboard and other self-service tooling and reports. You foster optimal deployment of analytics capabilities by stakeholders and create consensus and acceptance of actionable insight proposals.
As our new Business Analyst Sourcing you will be part of the NfR Development & Intelligence Team. Our Not for Resale Sourcing (NfR) is organized to optimally leverage Ahold Delhaize’s footprint in Europe and drive Ahold Delhaize’s save-for-our customer programs. Sourcing Managers in Europe work together in cross border category teams to run European and local sourcing events. The Development & Intelligence team is a staff function within NFR Sourcing. You’ll report to the Director of Development & Intelligence, who is also a member of the European NFR Management Team.
This is how you keep growing
Ahold Delhaize is growing enthusiastically, but sustainably. If we can grow while having a more positive impact on people or our planet, we’re going for it. We encourage all of our 413,000 colleagues to share this attitude on a personal level, so opportunities to master new skills and expand your capabilities are a given. And because we’re a global family of brands, finding your next challenge comes (almost) as naturally as calling an actual relative. We #daretocare for our people at all levels. What that translates to in this role?
- A gross annual salary of €70.000 - €85.000, attractive bonuses, plus a first-rate pension plan with a personal contribution of just 6.2%
- The development and career prospects you associate with a global player: best-in-class coaching, well-constructed growth paths and international, cross-brand career options
- 20 vacation days, supplemented by a personal budget: take an additional 12.5 days off, opt for discounts, or simply take the cash
- Flexible working hours, we work in a hybrid mix (50% at the office, 50% from home)
- A powerful laptop and a smartphone
- Travel allowance, discounts on health insurance and groceries
- The chance to drive meaningful change – healthy, affordable, sustainably produced food matters – on a truly global scale
- Membership in a lively and diverse community that wholeheartedly embraces courage, inspires growth, and dares to care.
We welcome caring colleagues who
- Combine a Master’s degree in relevant field (Supply Chain, Data Science, Data Analytics, Finance, Business Administration,), with a minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience in the analytics domain and/or consultancy practice.
- Have experience in working in a complex, multi-functional environment, where you take full ownership and work independently, with (some) supervision of your manager.
- Bring strong analytical skills to analyze large amounts of data.
- Are versed in Data visualization and storytelling, you’re able to influence behavior and drive decision making.
- Are fluent in English, both verbal and written; Dutch fluency is a plus.
- Have a proactive mindset and are curious by nature.
- Can work within a team that’s constantly developing, where you have an independent role.
This is not a role for you if:
- You don’t like changes in your way of working and prefer a quiet place to work;
- You are looking for a position that is already there for years and all tasks are written down in a job spec;
- You are a traditional buyer/purchaser of products/services or only want to crunch data.
At Ahold Delhaize and our local brands we define diversity broadly, seeing it as inclusive of thoughts and skills, generational differences, LGBTQ+, gender, race and ethnicity, disabilities, nationalities and more, and we accept all people for who they are.
Dare to care and grow with us?
We look forward to teaming up! Want to know more before you hit the Apply button? Michel Spiering, Talent Acquisition Partner, will gladly talk you through the position at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested? Please apply online via our website with your motivation and updated resume. We ask you not to send a standard motivation letter, but to formulate an answer to the following questions:
- Why are you applying to this specific job of Business Analyst Sourcing within a procurement setting;
- What experiences do you already have in a similar role, that could be a great addition to this one;
- What do you wish to improve or develop in your current skillset, work related or on a personal level.
matters to us?
"I realized how much impact you can truly have as an individual, working for such a huge international company.”
Live Whole Heartedly
“The support this company has always offered means the world to me."
“I feel the freedom to show initiative, propose changes and try new things. Having that freedom gave me wings to fly.”