What do we offer?
- To be courageous
- To live wholeheartedly
- To keep growing
Who are you?
- Een aanpakkersmentaliteit
- Een ondernemende houding
- Passie voor je vakgebied
Go straight to:
How you can make a difference
Hi, we are Ahold Delhaize, a global family of caring brands
Helping people eat well, save time, and live better. That is what Ahold Delhaize (55m weekly customers, 413k colleagues) stands for. As one of the world’s largest and most forward-thinking food retail groups, our global family of local brands creates inspiring shopping experiences. Whether people shop at brick-and-mortars, prefer quick pick-ups, or opt for the convenience of ordering online, Ahold Delhaize delivers.
We are growing our business quickly but responsibly. We advocate and accelerate sustainable retailing, responsible sourcing, supporting local communities, and helping customers make healthier choices in a world in transition. That requires the courage and wholeheartedness to have convictions and stand up for what we believe in. It also takes a growth-hacking mindset: tomorrow’s opportunities call for tomorrow’s skills. But most of all, it requires us to be there for the people and communities we serve. #daretocare
About the job
Ahold Delhaize has recognized the opportunity of Retail Media, dubbed The 3rd Wave (after Search and Social Media) and started retail media in Europe 10 years ago at Albert Heijn. Since then we’ve seen uninterrupted double digit growth surfing that wave in the Benelux driven by Albert Heijn Media Services (AHMS) and Bol.com Retail Media (BRM). Both are broadly considered to be leaders in retail media, holding an innovative first mover track record & vast privacy proof 1st party data.
In your role as a Key Account Manager Retail Media you have a position within the Dutch Ahold Delhaize retail media team that offers advertisers and media agencies both effective and relevant media propositions. Based on our unique 1st party data and shopper context we create powerful communication and activation solutions for our advertisers putting their brands and products in the spotlight. Collaboration and alignment with the AdOps team is an ongoing part of the role. The same applies to the (key) account managers of the retail media organizations of AHMS and BRM.
Surf’s up! Together with a small team you will focus on:
- Identifying (potentially interesting) customers, find out who are the budget holders/decision makers, and proactively approach customers with campaigns/inventory (a.o. by using performance reports);
- Realize/sell to the customers in line with the account plan and identifying additional sales opportunities and acting on them;
- Provide input and support for the annual sales plan and the sales strategy;
- Implement the account plan for the most important customers;
- Monitor the progress and success of campaigns for the benefit of customer satisfaction;
- Share campaign insights with the AdOps team;
- Stakeholder management internally and externally.
You will generate maximum revenue by bringing in new advertisers and selling to existing advertisers and media agencies; by successfully managing customer relationships and monitoring the sold campaigns. In addition, certainly in the first phase, a contribution is expected to the total sales strategy. The responsibility also includes collecting and sharing relevant customer insights and providing relevant ideas for new propositions translating these in terms of rates and sales pitches.
This is how you keep growing
Ahold Delhaize is growing enthusiastically, but sustainably. If we can grow while having a more positive impact on people or our planet, we’re going for it. We encourage all of our 413,000 colleagues to share this attitude on a personal level, so opportunities to master new skills and expand your capabilities are a given. And because we’re a global family of brands, finding your next challenge comes (almost) as naturally as calling an actual relative. We #daretocare for our people at all levels.
What that translates to in this role?
- A gross annual salary of €70-85K, attractive bonuses, plus a first-rate pension plan with a personal contribution of just 6.2%
- The development and career prospects you associate with a global player: best-in-class coaching, well-constructed growth paths and international, cross-brand career options
- 20 vacation days, supplemented by a personal budget: take an additional 12.5 days off, opt for discounts, or simply take the cash
- Flexible working hours, the option to work from home (yes, post-pandemic as well) or to choose a hybrid mix
- A powerful laptop and a smartphone
- Travel allowance, discounts on health insurance and groceries
- The chance to drive meaningful change – healthy, affordable, sustainably produced food matters – on a truly global scale
- Membership in a lively and diverse community that wholeheartedly embraces courage, inspires growth, and dares to care
What do you bring?
- Combines a Bachelor or Master degree with 10 years of relevant work experience, e.g., in a sales/(key) account management position within the media industry or publisher;
- Demonstrable experience in digital media sales. Specific knowledge of digital media products (such as Display, Search, Sponsored Products, Video, Digital Out Of Home, Direct and Programmatic, Self Service Platforms, etc.);
- Network with media agencies, publishers and advertisers;
- Command of both the Dutch and English language at a high level.
At Ahold Delhaize and our local brands we define diversity broadly, seeing it as inclusive of thoughts and skills, generational differences, LGBTQ+, gender, race and ethnicity, disabilities, nationalities and more, and we accept all people for who they are.
Dare to care and grow with us?
We look forward to teaming up at your home away from home: our vibrant HQ, right next to Zaandam station. Want to know more before you hit the Apply button? Anouk Reus, Talent Acquisition Partner Digital, will gladly tell you more. Please send a WhatsApp 0683233817 or an email via firstname.lastname@example.org
matters to us?
"I realized how much impact you can truly have as an individual, working for such a huge international company.”
Live Whole Heartedly
“The support this company has always offered means the world to me."
“I feel the freedom to show initiative, propose changes and try new things. Having that freedom gave me wings to fly.”