What do we offer?
- To be courageous
- To live wholeheartedly
- To keep growing
What do you bring?
- Passion for your expertise
- Passion for data
- High focus on quality
Go straight to:
How you can make a difference
For our IT Risk & Control team at Business Services Finance Europe, we are looking for an additional colleague with Data & Analytics knowledge. Do you combine your technical expertise with a continuous drive to identify risks and strengthen our internal European control framework? Then this is your next job!
The job itself
As Risk Data Engineer, you will be responsible to leverage big data and cloud infrastructure to aggregate and structure data, monitor the quality of data, build integration layers between data sources and learning models, and ultimately detect risks and control weaknesses.
The different EU AD Brands have a lot of data from different sources out disposal. Your challenge is accessing those and bringing them to life, for the purposes of your colleagues who can easily interpret and use them for controlling and/or in preparation of an on-site visit.
With your D&A expertise, applied to Risk Management, you make an impact by:
- Analyzing and translating the needs into technical specifications
- Exploring, analyzing, preparing, and modelling data
- Solving data integration, data modelling, and data visualization complications
- Translating technical concepts into business understanding and value
- Improving reporting and data visualization capabilities
- Supporting the remediation of data-driven issue
- Engaging across the IT function and data community to identify and build new data sources
- Working with various stakeholders to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Working with data and analytics experts in the wider data community to strive for greater functionality in data systems
Your new office
The IT Risk & Control EU team is part of Business Services Finance. The team is focused on the European activities. Risk & Control provides 2nd line assurance on the Internal Control Framework in the three lines of defense structure of Ahold Delhaize.
You will execute your activities across Europe and be in contact with all local R&C and Store Audit teams.
The Manager IT Risk & Control EU is based in our office in Belgium. The R&C specialists and store auditors are located in our EU offices. For this position, we are flexible for the location which can be in one of our EU offices (CZ, GR, RO, SRB, NL or BE). Travel will be required in other EU countries this will be 20% of the time.
What do we offer?
Here at Ahold Delhaize we aim to grow. This is only possible if you grow along with us. That’s why we help you take your career and personal development in the direction you want to. Besides this, we offer the following:
- being part of a young and dynamic team and part of the second line of defense.
- the chance to work with a European team of experienced people. You will work with great colleagues who will be able to support and coach you, so you can develop your skills.
- a variety of tasks, where every day is different and where you can take on responsibilities yourself
- you will receive an attractive salary adapted to your experience.
At Ahold Delhaize, you’ll be working for one of the biggest retailers in the world. You are bursting with ambition to keep up with us. And specifically, for this vacancy as Risk Data Engineer, you supplement these skills with:
- University degree in Computer Science, Information Technology
- Work experience of minimum 1 to 7 years in Data Analytics, Big Data, AI or Data Science.
- A fluency in English (both written and verbally); other relevant languages are considered an advantage.
- Greater experience in Power BI is mandatory. Alteryx, Tableau, Databricks, SAP BI are a plus.
- Experience with programming in SQL or Python, Cloud Technology (MS Azure) are a plus
- Analytical skills, process minded, logical insights and ability to think critically
- Excellent planning and time management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Effective project management skills
- A passion for data and disruptive technologies.
As a person you also have the following key competences. You:
- are a team player with good communication and influencing skills.
- are able to use your strong analytical skills to understand and challenge processes, to keep the helicopter overview and to be able to make proposals / advice on control implementation or improvements.
- are flexible and possess good time management skills, since you deal with a large quantity of data.
- are able to work autonomously.
Seeing is believing. This is true in our stores, as well as in our offices. It could be your new workplace, where you, as Risk Data Engineer, have influence over the most renowned retail markets in Europe.
Would you like to learn more first before applying? Peter Dirks, Talent Acquisition Partner Data, can tell you a lot more about this position via firstname.lastname@example.org
matters to us?
"I realized how much impact you can truly have as an individual, working for such a huge international company.”
Live Whole Heartedly
“The support this company has always offered means the world to me."
“I feel the freedom to show initiative, propose changes and try new things. Having that freedom gave me wings to fly.”