What do we offer?
- To be courageous
- To live wholeheartedly
- To keep growing
Who are you?
- Passion for your expertise
- Inspiring leadership
- Business awareness
Go straight to:
How you can make a difference
Passionate about Cyber Defense? Then we have an enormous playground with the latest technologies for you. Get to apply your skills in a truly challenging environment and a company that actively invests in your skills!
Hi, we are Ahold Delhaize, a global family of leading and caring brands
Helping people eat well, save time, and live better. That is what Ahold Delhaize (54m weekly customers, 410k colleagues) stands for. As one of the world’s largest and most forward-thinking food retail groups, our global family of local brands creates inspiring food shopping experiences. Whether people shop at bricks-and-mortars, prefer quick pick-ups, or opt for the convenience of ordering online, Ahold Delhaize delivers.
We are growing our business quickly but responsibly. We advocate and accelerate sustainable retailing, responsible sourcing, supporting local communities, and helping customers make healthier choices in a world in transition. That requires the courage and wholeheartedness to have convictions and stand up for what we believe in. It also takes a growth-hacking mindset: tomorrow’s opportunities call for tomorrow’s skills. But most of all, it requires us to be there for the people and communities we serve. #daretocare
Dive wholeheartedly into one or multiple of these key responsibilities:
- Deploy, manage and evolve the security operations.
- Cooperating in both global and continental cyber defense projects.
- Establish, execute and evolve threat management.
- Collecting and distributing threat intelligence at various levels
- Expanding security monitoring coverage and capabilities, including threat hunting.
- Managing external parties involved in the technical execution of the cyber defense tools and processes
- Contributing to the continuous improvement of our global cyber defense (cloud) capabilities.
As Manager Cyber Defence & Operations you’ll join our European team of eight peers, who are all end-to-end responsible for Cyber Defense in Europe. With end-to-end, we mean technical innovation, driving change and operations. Together with peers in Zaandam, Brussels, Greece, Serbia and Czech you will oversee cyber defence for all our brands, stores, online retail, and distribution centers in Europe.
The challenge? Technology in retail is only getting bigger. Think robotized distribution centers, tap-to-go shelves in stores, online shopping & delivery. What’s next; delivery by drone? With so many devices connected to our network, you can imagine that there is never a dull moment. Especially, since Ahold Delhaize is a front-runner in technology.
Apart from this, we actively keep your knowledge is up to date. We invest heavily in trainings, which you regularly get to attend as part of your work. We also identify six domains (detection, protection, pen-testing, incident response, threat vulnerability operations, and threat intelligence) for which we rotate subject matter ownership within the team.
This is how you keep growing
Ahold Delhaize is growing enthusiastically, but sustainably. If we can grow while having a more positive impact on people or our planet, we’re going for it. We encourage all our 410,000 colleagues to share this attitude on a personal level, so opportunities to master new skills and expand your capabilities are a given. And because we’re a global family of brands, finding your next challenge comes (almost) as naturally as calling an actual relative. We #daretocare for our people at all levels. What that translates to in this role?
- A gross annual salary up to €87K, attractive bonuses , plus a first-rate pension plan with a personal contribution of just 6.2%. (may change to governmental regulations)
- The development and career prospects you associate with a global player: best-in-class coaching, well-constructed growth paths and international, cross-brand career options.
- 20 vacation days, supplemented by a personal budget: take an additional 12.5 days off, opt for discounts, or simply take the cash.
- Flexible working hours, the option to work from home (yes, post-pandemic as well) or to choose a hybrid mix.
- External training to sharpen your expertise.
- A powerful laptop and a smartphone.
- Travel allowance, discounts on health insurance and groceries.
- The chance to work with the latest security technologies – on a truly global scale.
- Membership into a lively and diverse community that wholeheartedly embraces courage, inspires growth, and dares to care.
We welcome caring enthusiastic colleagues who:
- Wants to join an enthusiastic and dynamic team of subject matter experts.
- Have a Bachelor’s/Master’s degree from a relevant education (such as computer science).
- Have 3-5 years of experience within IT and cybersecurity domains; security monitoring, vulnerability management, forensics, ethical hacking & threat intelligence.
- Have deep technical expertise securing IT infrastructures, applications, and Wintel/Linux systems.
- Can translate technical topics to non-technical people.
- Are versed in various cyber security technologies; EDR, SIEM or (Microsoft) cloud security tools, as evidenced by your track record.
- Have a proven desire to continue to learn and apply newly gained knowledge.
- Bring strong English communication skills to the table (Dutch is a pre).
- Are willing to travel.
- Are as caring, courageous and growth minded as your colleagues, and are happy to embrace and advocate the #daretocare philosophy.
- Accept flexible work hours including on duty call (every 6 weeks)
We look forward to teaming up! Virtually for now, but (hopefully) soon at your home away from home: our vibrant HQ, right next to Zaandam station. Want to know more before you hit the Apply button? Clifford Haakmeester, Talent Acquisition Partner, will gladly talk you through the position at email@example.com
matters to us?
"I realized how much impact you can truly have as an individual, working for such a huge international company.”
Live Whole Heartedly
“The support this company has always offered means the world to me."
“I feel the freedom to show initiative, propose changes and try new things. Having that freedom gave me wings to fly.”