What do we offer?
- To be courageous
- To live wholeheartedly
- To keep growing
What do you bring?
- Een aanpakkersmentaliteit
- Een creatief brein
- Commercieel inzicht
Go straight to:
How you can make a difference
Location: Zaandam, Netherlands
Duration: minimum availability of 6 months
Start Date: From January 2024 onwards
About the Role
Fuel your passion for AI and make your mark in the industry by joining the Digital Data Science team and the Gen AI Labs at Albert Heijn, the Netherlands' leading food retailer. We're looking for a vibrant, AI-savvy intern to pioneer innovative, generative AI strategies aimed at revolutionizing our business operations and customer experience. It's a golden ticket to work on cutting-edge AI technologies, and apply them to tangible, real-world scenarios.
You will be working in the Digital Analytics & Data Science team at Albert Heijn, an international team of data scientists, data analysts and machine learning engineers dedicated to enhancing customer experience through Albert Heijn’s digital presence. You’ll work with engineers, analysts, business stakeholders and other students to deliver value for millions of customers and employees every single day.
You will also be collaborating with the Gen AI Labs - an innovation hub within Albert Heijn, spearheading transformative projects that make online shopping easier, more enjoyable, and efficient, such as creating your own recipe by scanning a recipe.
- Research, understand and fine-tune the latest generative AI models for Albert Heijn, Gall & Gall, and Etos use cases
- Collaborate with internal teams to develop, implement, and evaluate products based on generative AI.
- Code, test and productionize these models based on build-measure-learn methodology
- Present findings and progress to the team and stakeholders.
- Currently pursuing a master’s degree in AI, or a related field.
- Strong understanding of AI, machine learning, and deep learning.
- Experience with generative AI models is a plus.
- Proficient in Python and familiar with AI/ML frameworks like TensorFlow or PyTorch.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to work independently.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
What We Offer
- Opportunity to work with a team of experienced AI and Tech professionals.
- Lots of responsibilities and room for own initiatives
- Dedicated supervisors who are always ready to help you
- Getting to know many aspects of working in the organization
- Ahold Delhaize internship experience, including borrels, events and networking
- Good internship allowance (approx. €500 per month) and travel allowance
- A pleasant working atmosphere with a get-things-done mentality but also room for humour and fun team outings
Internship in which you gain real work experience in the field! Want to see what AH Technology Labs has already developed? Then visit www.ah.nl/labs for an overview.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their CV and a brief motivation letter outlining their interest and qualifications for the role.
About Albert Heijn
Albert Heijn, part of Ahold Delhaize, is the number one food retailer in the Netherlands. We’ve been inspiring customers and building trust for more than 130 years. We like to say, “we’re always there for you.” And with more than 1000 stores in the Netherlands and Belgium and 24/7 shopping on ah.nl, it’s truer than ever! But now we want to take our business to the next level. By making better food accessible to everyone – and making shopping fit the way people live today.
matters to us?
"I realized how much impact you can truly have as an individual, working for such a huge international company.”
“The support this company has always offered means the world to me."
“I feel the freedom to show initiative, propose changes and try new things. Having that freedom gave me wings to fly.”