What do we offer?
- To be courageous
- To live wholeheartedly
- To keep growing
What do you bring?
- A drive to innovate
- The ability to connect
- A creative mind
Go straight to:
How you can make a difference
As a Product Owner, you will focus on the rollout and further development of the BALDR product across all Ahold Delhaize brands in Europe.
The BALDR product is the "EU cross brand joint European solution for FMCG eCom operations". It is a single logistics eCom solution for six different Ahold Delhaize brands spread across six countries. How cool is that?
Your new team and office.
As a Senior Product Owner BALDR, you will work with the BALDR product management team to make the BALDR product developed by AH suitable for multi-country deployments and rollout across all EU brands. Your biggest challenge is to develop the BALDR product in such a way that it leads to the optimal solution in all countries while remaining one product with "One Code Base". You ensure that the rollout and further development of the product contribute to creating "Happy customers", which remains the main goal. Your focus is on the domains of Delivery, Order Management, and Finance.
You will work with Business Consultants, Architects, Business Analysts, Consultants from ERP vendors, the Product Owners of ten DEVOPS teams, and Subject Matter Experts from different countries. You have enough seniority to occasionally act as a sparring partner for senior management within the Ahold Delhaize organization.
You will work in a completely new organizational structure with a European focus, which is a new experience for all stakeholders and the product team. As a learning organization, flexibility, pragmatism, networking, a team mindset, and perseverance are essential to make this function a success in this environment.
In this role, you will work 40 hours per week, partly from the headquarters in Zaandam and partly from home. You will also regularly work abroad at one of the European brands.
We think it’s important to be part of a high-belonging team; a team where you can be yourself and feel safe, accepted and appreciated. For this job we are preferably looking for someone who brings diversity in our team, in the widest possible sense. Someone who is a great addition to our team by bringing other ideas to the table. Don’t check all the boxes? Don’t worry, we probably don’t either 😉. Don’t hesitate to apply if you think you are up for the challenge, we’re happy to have a look at your resume!
This is what you will do as a Product Owner:
- Your focus is on eCommerce Delivery, Order Management, and Finance for all Ahold Delhaize EU brands.
- Realization of BALDR Go Lives in all AD EU brands.
- Contribute to the vision and roadmap of eCommerce Logistics to realize eCommerce proposition and process improvements for all brands.
- Fact-based prioritization of the BALDR backlog.
- Realization of the BALDR roadmap and delivery of products that create maximum business value.
- Actively steer eCommerce Logistics goals, such as the all-in of fulfillment and the minutes per order of Delivery. And then adjust where necessary.
The recipe for maximum impact:
- 5 to 10 years of relevant work experience as a product owner.
- Experience in all aspects of product management.
- Strong skills in creating support and stakeholder management.
- Affinity with logistics.
- Reflective skills and the ability to address others where necessary.
- Strong skills in planning, organizing, and monitoring progress.
In addition, you are:
- Analytical, a conceptual thinker, and pragmatic.
- Someone who likes to take the lead and feels comfortable with a lot of responsibility.
- Able to realize both short-term solutions and long-term breakthroughs.
What we offer.
At Albert Heijn we aim to grow, and this is only possible if you grow along with us. As we work together to build our brand and your career, you can count on (based on 40 hours per week):
- An annual salary up to 100k including holiday allowance and a flexible bonus. Depending on your level of seniority and experience;
- A minimum of 20 days paid vacation, optionally 12.5 days extra. Do you want to take that extra time off, or would you rather convert the extra days into discounts or sell them for cash? You’re the end boss!;
- Flexible working hours;
- Access to a challenging training curriculum – AH Tech Academy;
- An excellent pension plan where we as an employer contribute 6 times more than you as an employee;
- A travel allowance or a NS-traject card for traveling to and from Zaandam by train;
- Attractive discounts on various insurance policies;
- 10% staff discount on groceries in all Albert Heijn stores, to a maximum of €300 per year;
- A company laptop and telephone.
We’re Albert Heijn, food retail reinventors. 🚀
Albert Heijn goes way back. More than 135 years, to be exact. So for millions of people, food shopping is synonymous with the Albert Heijn brand. We didn’t achieve this with a complacent, ‘hey, if it works today, it’ll work tomorrow’ approach, but by continually rethinking our propositions and staying plugged in to customer demands. More than 125,000 colleagues? Check. Over 1,250 stores in the Netherlands and Flanders? Check. The leading online food retail platform? Check, we build, run and love it.
Together we make eating better the easy choice. For everyone.
The world around us has changed, and significantly at that. These changes have impact on the lives of our customers, colleagues and partners. And therefore, also on Albert Heijn. We’re moving towards a new world with new opportunities and challenges. Albert Heijn wants more people to eat fresher, healthier and more sustainable food. Eating brings us together, keeps us healthier and contributes positively to the world. Our mission is: Together we make eating better the easy choice. For everyone.
Ready to contribute to our mission?
Do you want to play an active role in changing the food retail landscape as we know it? Then hop on board and join us on our expedition. Would you like to learn more first, before you apply to Albert Heijn? We’re happy to tell you everything about this vacancy! An assessment might be part of our selection process.
matters to us?
"I realized how much impact you can truly have as an individual, working for such a huge international company.”
“The support this company has always offered means the world to me."
“I feel the freedom to show initiative, propose changes and try new things. Having that freedom gave me wings to fly.”