What do we offer?
- To be courageous
- To live wholeheartedly
- To keep growing
What do you bring?
- Passion for your expertise
- True tech-savvy
- Inspiring leadership
Go straight to:
How you can make a difference
Join AH Technology Supply Chain team as Senior Lead Engineer and help rebuild our traditional tech into a modern cutting-edge technology landscape (Microservices, Kotlin, Cloud Azure).
This is how you will reinvent food retail.
- Build a greenfield microservices architecture on Java for the transport team;
- Coach and guide the engineers in your team;
- Develop technical solutions in line with our systems and business process architecture;
- Develop proofs of concept, build code, implement and execute automated testing, ensure security and code quality, develop best practices and execute automated testing;
- Further enhance our technical standards and guidelines;
- Share your expertise and contribute to initiatives and your product cluster and the broader AH Retail Technology Platform;
- Develop the team’s skills and processes to deliver value as quickly as possible.
As Senior Lead Engineer, you are technically responsible for the work of your product team. Your team develops and supports multiple applications delivering one or more capabilities for our brands in The Netherlands. You will work closely with our Product Owner and Product Architect, to develop our technology landscape. Business technology and Solution consultants will support you and the rest of the team to identify requirements and find the best possible solutions.
To give you an insight into some of the large scale initiatives we are currently busy with:
- Rebuilding our traditional tech landscape into a modern cutting edge tech foundation (with Microservices & High code front-end) to scale our ever growing core business.
- Integrating and expanding our supply chain capacity and network
- Optimizing the value chain in our warehouses (or integrating towards our partners), transport and replenishment
- Cloud (Azure) transformation and migration
Your new team and office.
Together with your team of Engineers you will work on inspiring projects to accelerate our transition into a hybrid Food & Tech company. We want to leverage data and technology to future-proof food shopping and give our customers the accessibility to healthy food more easily available for everyone. At Albert Heijn, you team up with inspiring peers in the data, digital and tech domains. A community of diverse individuals who share a common goal; to create digital solutions that make (online) shopping simpler and more inspiring. Are you ready to reinvent the way millions of people buy and enjoy their food? We invest heavily in data, digital and tech. And that includes investing in your career! Our teams work in a hybrid way: both from home as well as in the office. We are located right next to the train station of Zaandam.
We think it’s important to be part of an high-belonging team; a team where you can be yourself and feel safe, accepted and appreciated. For this job we are preferably looking for someone who brings diversity in our team, in the widest possible sense. Someone who is a great addition to our team by bringing other ideas to the table. Don’t check all the boxes? Don’t worry, we probably don’t either 😉. Don’t hesitate to apply if you think you are up for the challenge, we’re happy to have a look at your resume!
What we offer.
At Albert Heijn we aim to grow, and this is only possible if you grow along with us. As we work together to build our brand and your career, you can count on (based on 40 hours per week):
- An annual salary up to 100K including holiday allowance and a flexible bonus. Depending on your level of seniority and experience;
- A minimum of 20 days paid vacation, optionally 12.5 days extra. Do you want to take that extra time off, or would you rather convert the extra days into discounts or sell them for cash? You’re the end boss!;
- Flexible working hours;
- Access to a challenging training curriculum – AH Tech Academy;
- An excellent pension plan where we as an employer contribute 4,5 more than you as an employee;
- A travel allowance or a NS-business card for traveling to and from Zaandam by train;
- Attractive discounts on various insurance policies;
- 10% staff discount on groceries in all Albert Heijn stores, to a maximum of €300 per year;
- A free Mijn Albert Heijn Premium membership with many benefits;
- A company laptop and telephone.
The recipe for maximum impact:
- A Technology/IT Engineering Master or Bachelor degree;
- Experience as Sr. Lead Engineer, Tech Lead or Principal Engineer working in a complex (corporate) Technology environment;
- Broad technical knowledge including Oracle technology stack (PL/SQL), Cloud (preferably Azure and OCI), Microservices (preferably Java/Kotlin), API and non-functional requirements such as scalability and technical security;
- Knowledge on event streaming and messaging platform (Kafka) is a big plus;
- Knowledge and experience on Agile;
- An outstanding command of English;
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to lead and motivate people;
- Located in The Netherlands.
We’re Albert Heijn, food retail reinventors. 🚀
Albert Heijn goes way back. More than 135 years, to be exact. So for millions of people, food shopping is synonymous with the Albert Heijn brand. We didn’t achieve this with a complacent, ‘hey, if it works today, it’ll work tomorrow’ approach, but by continually rethinking our propositions and staying plugged in to customer demands. More than 125,000 colleagues? Check. Over 1,250 stores in the Netherlands and Flanders? Check. The leading online food retail platform? Check, we build, run and love it.
Together we make eating better the easy choice. For everyone.
The world around us has changed, and significantly at that. These changes have impact on the lives of our customers, colleagues and partners. And therefore, also on Albert Heijn. We’re moving towards a new world with new opportunities and challenges. Albert Heijn wants more people to eat fresher, healthier and more sustainable food. Eating brings us together, keeps us healthier and contributes positively to the world. Our mission is: Together we make eating better the easy choice. For everyone.
Ready to contribute to our mission?
Do you want to play an active role in changing the food retail landscape as we know it? Then hop on board and join us on our expedition. Would you like to learn more first, before you apply to Albert Heijn? We’re happy to tell you everything about this vacancy!
An technical assessment will be part of our selection process.
matters to us?
"I realized how much impact you can truly have as an individual, working for such a huge international company.”
“The support this company has always offered means the world to me."
“I feel the freedom to show initiative, propose changes and try new things. Having that freedom gave me wings to fly.”