What do we offer?
- To be courageous
- To live wholeheartedly
- To keep growing
What do you bring?
- Oog voor detail
- Een leergierige houding
- Een passie voor duurzaamheid
Why Ahold Delhaize
- Huge Impact
- Work with fun and smart colleagues
- (Inter)national growth opportunities
Go straight to:
How you can make a difference
Are we doing the right thing? At Risk & Control we check whether processes are followed correctly via control testing. This requires understanding of the business and their processes. Are you up to asking the (difficult) questions challenging the business in what they do? Then we have the right internship for you!
Your new job and workplace.
The main goal of the internship is to support the R&C in various activities. For the internship starting in February, the main focus is on the annual scoping activity (which controls do we need to monitor this year), setting up the monitoring plan and update process documentation. You do not do this alone, but together with your colleagues from the team. You support your colleagues with different responsibilities, such as:
- Understanding business and ESG processes;
- You support the R&C team in all kinds of activities related to improving the control environment, e.g. setting up new controls, updating process documentation, setting up the annual plan, perform control monitoring;
- You conduct control monitoring, which means you review the evidence that the business has provided in which they show they have performed the right activities to mitigate risks;
- You provide support in setting up the control environment for ESG KPIs
During this internship you will be in contact with the different areas of the business that perform control testing. You gain an understanding of the organization and its processes. You are sparring partner for the business for the control testing conducted and, in case necessary, you challenge the business. You are data driven and constantly looking for ways to automate control processes. You are a full member of the team, meaning that you are involved in all team activities, like team meetings, workshops and training.
In this position you work 32-40 hours per week, partly from home and partly from our head office in Zaandam, which has a nice To Go in our Atrium so fresh coffee is guaranteed!
We think it is important that you at Ahold Delhaize can be yourself in an environment that is open to different perspectives, an environment in which we are curious and appreciate each other. For this position we are preferably looking for someone who will strengthen the diversity in our team, in the broadest sense of the word. Someone who brings a different sound based on their own background and personal qualities and is therefore a good addition to our team
This is what we offer you.
- An interesting and versatile internship at the Ahold Delhaize headquarters for 5/6 months.
- An internship with a lot of responsibility, where you really gain work experience.
- An internship allowance (€400 - €500 per month) plus travel expenses.
- Pleasant drinks and (networking) events with all interns at our head office.
- An inclusive environment in which you can continue to develop personally and professionally.
You bring this with you.
With our 414,000 colleagues worldwide, we work every day to help people eat well, save time and live better. And if it were up to us, we will soon do this together with you as our new Intern. Especially if you bring your enthusiasm and energy to Ahold Delhaize. Also:
- You are conducting HBO or WO bachelor or master in Business or Finance
- You have basic knowledge of Risk Management
- You know your way around Microsoft applications, and have experience with large Excels
- Not a deal-breaker, but PowerBI and Visio experience would be welcome
In addition, you:
- Have good analytical skills;
- Have good communication skills;
- Are not afraid to ask questions;
- Have attention for detail and accuracy
- Are able to work in an international context
Eat well. Save time. Live better.
Helping people eat well, save time and live better. That is what Ahold Delhaize (55 million weekly customers, 414 thousand colleagues) stands for. As one of the world's largest and most progressive food retail groups, our global family of local brands creates inspiring shopping experiences. Whether people shop in a physical store, prefer quick pick-ups or opt for the convenience of ordering online, Ahold Delhaize delivers.
Are you ready to realize this mission together?
Click on the application button to apply. This is also possible if you do not have all the items on our shopping list at home. Would you rather know more first? Contact us!
matters to us?
"I realized how much impact you can truly have as an individual, working for such a huge international company.”
“The support this company has always offered means the world to me."
“I feel the freedom to show initiative, propose changes and try new things. Having that freedom gave me wings to fly.”